PDA

View Full Version : Pricing discrepanies

Blackfire
06-14-2009, 08:46 AM
I'm a big fan of Autogeek and am buying a lot of supplies to stock my garage.

My question is in regards to pricing differences between AGO and PBMA.

Same products, affiliated companies, but advertised at different prices.

I hope we can depend on AGO to give us the best price across the board on all products advertised here and at the sister company, PBMA.

Example

Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Master Bundle (http://www.autogeek.net/glass-cleaning-kit.html)

$24.99

Diamondite Perfect Vision Glass Master Bundle (http://www.diamondite.com/diamondite-perfect-vision-glass-master-bundle.html)

$21.99

Does AGO automatically ship the lower price? Please don't make us shop around your sister branches for the lowest price. We have work to do. Feed back please

loudog2
06-14-2009, 11:14 AM
They have always run speacial or sales on the dedicated webstie. Like a Pinnacle site or wolfgang site sale, when it not on sale on the AG site.

Sometimes it is better that way. Pinnicle's site has $5.95 flat rate shipping and free shipping over $50, just like wolfgang's site.

Blackfire
06-14-2009, 12:54 PM
They have always run speacial or sales on the dedicated webstie. Like a Pinnacle site or wolfgang site sale, when it not on sale on the AG site.

Sometimes it is better that way. Pinnicle's site has $5.95 flat rate shipping and free shipping over $50, just like wolfgang's site.

Better if you happen to find it or know that. But a disadvantage after buying it and paying for shipping at the higher price.

Now that I'm in the *know*, it won't happen to me.

ScottB
06-15-2009, 05:35 PM

:whs:

The sales offered are indeed on different sites at different times to offer advantages to different product lines, especially those PBMA designs and makes itself. (Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, Diamonite). They also offer a price match policy and simply using the comments section on order form or calling in order has price repaired without a delay.

Meghan
06-15-2009, 05:40 PM

The sales offered are indeed on different sites at different times to offer advantages to different product lines, especially those PBMA designs and makes itself. (Pinnacle, Wolfgang, DP, Diamonite). They also offer a price match policy and simply using the comments section on order form or calling in order has price repaired without a delay.

BenzDetailer
06-15-2009, 05:53 PM
I never understood this. I understand the multiple site and brand strategy BUT........... I just do not understand different price points for identical products. To say they "have always done it" does not explain why ! I think that is what we are asking WHY!

ryandamartini
06-15-2009, 06:09 PM
I never understood this. I understand the multiple site and brand strategy BUT........... I just do not understand different price points for identical products. To say they "have always done it" does not explain why ! I think that is what we are asking WHY!

Well for those in the know, you can get some good deals and save on some things :)
The closest thing I could compare it to is a luxury auto sales business. They have all the cars and give you some deals. However, if you go to the brand's dealership, there might just be something there a little cheaper at times.

Blackfire
06-15-2009, 07:48 PM

Identical products should be priced the same. Diamondite is IDENTICAL...across the board.