PDA

View Full Version : Swissvax Cleaner Fluid

smokin' mark
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Has anyone used this? It says it removes swirl marks and light scratches?

Thanks.

Rsurfer
06-12-2009, 02:38 PM
Has anyone used this? It says it removes swirl marks and light scratches?

Thanks.Didn't do much for me. For the price I perfer Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion.

Eliran
06-12-2009, 03:01 PM
Swissvax Cleaner Fluid supposed to be a base for Swissvax waxes like HD Cleanse with Zymol waxes.
I got the cleaner but yet find the time to use it.

smokin' mark
06-12-2009, 07:39 PM
Roger that...

supercharged
06-13-2009, 12:06 AM
there are 3 different SV cleaner fluids. Which one are you refering to?

trhland
06-13-2009, 05:54 AM
for me i use the reg version its nice .

ScottB
06-13-2009, 09:09 AM
Pinnacle Paintwork Lotion or P21S GEPC are easier to use and usually more price effective. Most of these products are chemical based cleaners.

WilliamSit
06-14-2009, 02:10 AM
it's the first paint cleaner i've got to use on my car, but i found that it's not any better than those otc mag paint cleaner, for 3x the price

lexterminator
08-21-2011, 12:18 PM
This summer I have tried the Swissvax Cleaner fluid Regular, the Pinnacle Cleanser and the Zymol HD Cleanse. My paint (black Raven CTS) is very easy to mar so I used a polishin pal handgrip with a gray lake country pad.

None of them are removing scratches, even with a white pad. It can only fill in some ultra minor haze.

But all 3 products work pretty well to bring a great gloss to the paint prior to waxing. Pinnacle is the easiest to apply and buff and is the best value. Swissvax is the most difficult one to buff, feels like glue, but leaves a great mirror finish.

My last one to try was the Zymol. I have been impressed by how easy the HD Cleanse was to buff. Based on reviews I was prepared for the worst but I used a thin layer and buffed until tacky and wiped right away with a cobra purple towel. Worked great and seem to be the best out of the three. So if I would be running out of prewax I would buy Zymol. Very little is needed to do the whole car and leaves the car with an incredible shine.

All 3 are giving great results but don't expect any paint correction from them except producing a great shine. For scratch removal it would require at least Cleaner Fluid Medium or Pinnacle Advanced Finishing Polish.

alko
08-21-2011, 01:09 PM
I was wondering the same thing. Swissvax recommends using their cleaner fluid, prior to applying any Swissvax wax,to ensure propper "bonding" with the wax. I am not sure if I believe it. I topped off my 3-Stage Sonus SFX 2-4 polish job with Swissvax Concorso and it looks great. Almost 2 months later and its still beading like crazy. I think you can find more stuff on AG thats cheaper and works just the same. I haven't tried anything yet but when I go to seal my car for the winter, I'll be using Optimum Poli-Seal with an orange LC Hydro pad and Collinite 915.

lexterminator
08-21-2011, 08:15 PM
Indeed I'm sure any surface prep works great against high end waxes. Therefore the Pinnacle paint cleanser represents a great value over Swissvax or Zymol. Just yesterday I added a thin layer of Concorso directly on top of a leftover of Souveran (one month old) and worked great. Amazing beading. The best beading and sheeting I have seen so far was from the Zymol Destiny (I got from a 2oz sampler) but not fun to buff at all. Normally for the Concorso I was using my hands and ended up using way too much, yesterday I instead used a handgrip with a gray pad and I was grabing a small piece of wax and rubbing the surface of the pad to heat up the wax that was initially grainy. It was then smooth on the pad and was easy to apply and had a texture similar to the Souveran. I used about one fourth of what I was using when directly applied by hand.

Let me know how the Optimum goes. I'm also looking into "sealing" my car for winter (in my area winter is from Nov til late April). I haven't tried yet the Wolfgang Deep Gloss Sealant but I do have a bottle, I plan to give that a try. Cheers