PDA

View Full Version : Purchased new car. Need suggestions.

Atrocity
06-11-2009, 09:45 PM
Hello everyone!

I just purchased a new 2009 Ford Focus thats brilliant silver metallic. What are some good products out there that will make this car shine? Also I haven't even washed it myself yet so I don't know if there is any grit on the paint. Should I consider claying the car before applying any products? Also if everyone could throw me some product names out. I really want to get started on the ordering process.

michael k
06-11-2009, 11:52 PM
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant! to start.

I used it on the bikes tank in my avatar and WOW.In person it looks like it was dipped in liquid crystal.

watermantra
06-12-2009, 07:29 AM
Claying is, IMO optional on a new car. I just bought a new car, as well, and I clayed the front end, just to test. The clay came up super clean after two or three panels, so I suspended that action. Of course, I did buy the model that was sitting inside in the showroom, so it hadn't been exposed to the elements for very long, or maybe even at all. Use your judgement, I think.

As far as silver goes, I am a bit prejudiced on this matter. Certain silvers I can't see a difference in adding steps/products. My mother's car is silver (Honda Fit) and It looks about the same after I put a coat of wax over the sealant, as it did before. I think a shiny sealant is all you need...Wolfgang or Klasse.

dublifecrisis
06-12-2009, 07:47 AM
Duragloss 601 followed by 105. great on silver

Meghan
06-12-2009, 07:51 AM
Most important thing with a new car is to tell the dealership NOT to detail it before they hand it over.

vinnier6
06-12-2009, 10:12 AM
always clay a new car.....always....

personally, i would full detail a new car, including clay, machine polish, sealant.....

ScottB
06-13-2009, 09:12 AM
Four Star UPP and/or Pinnacle Sig Series II