PDA

View Full Version : Poor Boys QD

Dubbin1
06-11-2009, 10:13 AM
Got my first AG order yesterday that included PB QD so I thought I would give it a shot. So, I sprayed it on like I always spray a QD, wiped it off and was introduced to a huge mess of smears. Well I thought maybe I used way too much so I sprayed a very little bit and tried again, same results as the first try. I was using a fine mist sprayer from a Meg UQD bottle and a cobra 600 micro fiber. I ended up cleaning the smear mess up with Meg UQD.

I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or not so I guess I'll just eat the cost and toss it in the trash as its not worth paying the shipping cost again.

UPS guy will be here today with my 2nd AG order that includes one of the PC kits and a few other things :)

Meghan
06-11-2009, 10:19 AM
Got my first AG order yesterday that included PB QD so I thought I would give it a shot. So, I sprayed it on like I always spray a QD, wiped it off and was introduced to a huge mess of smears. Well I thought maybe I used way too much so I sprayed a very little bit and tried again, same results as the first try. I was using a fine mist sprayer from a Meg UQD bottle and a cobra 600 micro fiber. I ended up cleaning the smear mess up with Meg UQD.

I'm not sure if I got a bad bottle or not so I guess I'll just eat the cost and toss it in the trash as its not worth paying the shipping cost again.

UPS guy will be here today with my 2nd AG order that includes one of the PC kits and a few other things :)

I am not overly educated in PB products but if you like you can call in and speak to one of our techs that is... might have been you sprayed too much, I am not sure. But if you are still unhappy about your purchase after getting some tech help call me and I will take care of you.
Tech Number 800-869-3011 ext 205

budman3
06-11-2009, 10:24 AM
Was this the QD+ (purple) or the Spray and Gloss Quick Detailer (green)?

agpatel
06-11-2009, 10:37 AM
Make sure you shake up the bottle before use. I used there spray and gloss and I would get it sometimes if I didn't shake it up. Also need to buff it as it gas gloss enhancers in the qds.

Dubbin1
06-11-2009, 11:57 AM
Its the + and yes I shook it up. There is NO WAY I used too much as I only gave it about half a squirt. I don't even like the thought of wiping a towel across my paint with that little bit.

agpatel
06-11-2009, 03:32 PM
I know this may seem dumb to ask but did you wipe, flip the MF over and buff with a clean side? I am just trying to think of different things that may be the cause? I would call up Meghan, she will take care of you if you are not happy about it!

Dubbin1
06-11-2009, 03:52 PM
I know this may seem dumb to ask but did you wipe, flip the MF over and buff with a clean side? I am just trying to think of different things that may be the cause? I would call up Meghan, she will take care of you if you are not happy about it!

Yup that's what I did (wipe and flip) and Meghan has already taken care of me without me even asking. Man, this is a great company!!! I'm working on putting another order together right now :righton:

agpatel
06-11-2009, 04:09 PM
Sorry you were having issue with it. Glad she took care of you!

ScottB
06-11-2009, 04:51 PM
This is why I never used the qd+ after first testing, IMO its more of spray wax versus qd'er. It needs buffing and bottle seems quite concentrated and works better on damp surface or adding some distilled water to it. My buddy swears by it ...and it beads so cool too !

Dubbin1
06-11-2009, 08:59 PM
IMO its more of spray wax versus qd'er.

That's what I was starting to think.

ballfan4141
10-06-2009, 10:35 PM
the blue kind, which is the waterless wash is a better QD than the other ones in my opinion and I know a few others who think the same.