PDA

View Full Version : Complete Reconditioning-Professionals

renegademobiledetailing
06-10-2009, 11:05 PM
For all the pros out there, i need some advice/help.

I was wondering how you guys land the jobs of the complete reconditioning/paint correction details. I know that those usually charge by the hour because each vehicle is different. Say i charge $50/hr, and it would probably take 15+ hours to do a car? ( i am guessing on the time it would take) Thats $750. Quite a bit of money. How do you sell/convince the people that this service would be beneficial to them? And that spending that kind of dough is a great investment?

Taking a job like that will take a lot of time, and therefore will make it so that on those days i cannot take on other clients cars.....

All in all, i just want to figure out how i can get those type of clients to where they are willing to let me keep their car for a few days!

Anybody have any experience with this? Ideas? etc? I am open to hear anything. Thanks!

Blackthorn One
06-10-2009, 11:45 PM
I'd be interested in hearing this too. It seems to me you just need to find rich people who really want their cars to look their best, either because they are really into their cars or because they like everything they own to look it's best. There will also be people who really are into their cars, but although they have less money, they have less skill to, and so are willing to take out a larger percentage of their income out to have their cars detailed.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2009, 01:15 AM
Those are the types of jobs I usually do. I charge more an hour than you listed above. First thing you are going to need is a reference of your work, and very good work at that. I go over with the client what it is going to take step by step to achieve the results that they want. Plus it helps to have a reputation for doing this type of work. Just for an example I was at a friends performance shop today finishing up his car and I got three jobs from doing that car alone. Two of the people gave me deposits so they can get their cars done asap. It basically comes done to your skill level, showing very good examples of your work and having a reputation for being very good at doing this.

renegademobiledetailing
06-11-2009, 02:10 AM
Those are the types of jobs I usually do. I charge more an hour than you listed above. First thing you are going to need is a reference of your work, and very good work at that. I go over with the client what it is going to take step by step to achieve the results that they want. Plus it helps to have a reputation for doing this type of work. Just for an example I was at a friends performance shop today finishing up his car and I got three jobs from doing that car alone. Two of the people gave me deposits so they can get their cars done asap. It basically comes done to your skill level, showing very good examples of your work and having a reputation for being very good at doing this.

Thanks for the helpful reply! What are peoples initial impression when you tell them the price? How do they re-act? Yes referrals would be best. Do you do their car at their place or are you doing it at your shop? Why's the average time? I know each car is different. Do people get weary about you charging a per hour rate rather than a set price? Do you give them a maximum quote? Etc... Also do you charge per hour plus cost of chemicals?

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

renegademobiledetailing
06-11-2009, 08:05 PM
anybody else?

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-11-2009, 09:14 PM
Thanks for the helpful reply! What are peoples initial impression when you tell them the price? How do they re-act? Yes referrals would be best. Do you do their car at their place or are you doing it at your shop? Why's the average time? I know each car is different. Do people get weary about you charging a per hour rate rather than a set price? Do you give them a maximum quote? Etc... Also do you charge per hour plus cost of chemicals?

Sorry for so many questions! Thanks!

Most of the time people have no problem accepting the price, there are some that are taken aback at first but once they hear the process and see the results that are going to be achieved they have no problem spending the money.I do cars at my shop, my friends shop or once in awhile at the owners house. Yes I do max out a price, otherwise you can end up with some crazy final bills. I charge by the hour, I am not inclined to do a one step, it is full correction or nothing. I can't do a one step and there is still some marring or other decfects and people see that and will mention that to the owener and they will not be able to explain that all they wanted was a one step and there is other process that I do. I can not rely on the customer to relay this message all people see is what is in front of them. If someone bulks at the price that is fine, I will not compromise my work. I would say 90% of the people that refuse the service at first always call back and want it done after they have checked around or realized what I do is alot more than others and the quality of work is above betond what they are going to get elsewhere. The only time I do maintenance details are for my repeat customers.

donavin629
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
i have seen that most people just love their car to shine.. they are not looking at it the same way us detailers look at it.. with all the side angles and lighting we do.. thats why i had to come up with two packages on my website.. and most go for the basic detail package.. id love to take all the scratches out for the customer but most the time they just want it to shine and look pretty... again you will get those customers that want to protect their investment.. so thats why i have the package there and pics to prove i can do the work...i always do give the option to the customer.. and i show them those spider web scratches all throughout the car and explain where they come from.. the end result is. im not to concerned about those.. they are just concerned about the eye sore scratches...and when im done using the system one method they are usually more than satisfied... i will be advertising in the rich areas soon.. hopefully i will get some more restore packages compared to basic.. i hate letting cars go knowing i can still see imperfections lol

renegademobiledetailing
06-12-2009, 05:29 PM
i have seen that most people just love their car to shine.. they are not looking at it the same way us detailers look at it.. with all the side angles and lighting we do.. thats why i had to come up with two packages on my website.. and most go for the basic detail package.. id love to take all the scratches out for the customer but most the time they just want it to shine and look pretty... again you will get those customers that want to protect their investment.. so thats why i have the package there and pics to prove i can do the work...i always do give the option to the customer.. and i show them those spider web scratches all throughout the car and explain where they come from.. the end result is. im not to concerned about those.. they are just concerned about the eye sore scratches...and when im done using the system one method they are usually more than satisfied... i will be advertising in the rich areas soon.. hopefully i will get some more restore packages compared to basic.. i hate letting cars go knowing i can still see imperfections lol

I am with you buddy. I took a look at your website, looks great. I like the before and after pictures, you can tell that you do quality work. I am thinking of carrying a "sales" book, that i can show people some of my before and after shots so that i can better expain the process, etc.

I also am starting to advertise in the higher income housing. I will be hitting 100,000 houses next month. I got in with one of those coupon magazine things, I am the only detailer in the state that is in it, so i hope it well help.:goodpost: