PDA

View Full Version : Detailing Weather In YOUR Area

SRHTX
06-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Okay. Question time once again. Feed back please

What is the weather like in your area? Does it cost you time and delay is servicing your clients? It's a YOU KNOW WHAT HERE!!!!! The temp is about 100 everyday with HUMIDITY like you could not beleve. :mad: The lows average is Lo 79 °F. The high average is Hi 99 °F. For example, here is the posting for Friday's weather:

Friday: Sunny and hot, with a high near 100. Heat index values as high as 110. South southeast wind between 10 and 20 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph.

7-Day Forecast for Latitude 26.19°N and Longitude 97.7°W (http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Harlingen&state=TX&site=BRO&textField1=26.1953&textField2=-97.6863)

The '03 Mercedes Benz E320 I was working on took my 2 days just to do a 2 stage detail. Since I have to work on my clients '04 Range Rover on Friday, I'm going to ask her is she has a townhome with a 2 car garage that has A/C so I can work all day/night if needed. THAT would help me detail vehicles much faster without any problems/delays.

You thoughts please!!!!!!!

Stephen

Meghan
06-10-2009, 06:44 PM
I can tell you if you are a detailer in south Fla right now you are hurting, today I think is the first day it hasn't rained in a month or more.

SRHTX
06-10-2009, 06:54 PM
I can tell you if you are a detailer in south Fla right now you are hurting, today I think is the first day it hasn't rained in a month or more.

Speaking of rain, as you can tell, there is not rain anytime soon down here, HOWEVER, it rained this morning for 5 minutes. DAG NARBIT!!!!!!! Good thing I did not have that MB E320 back yet. I was on the way to pick it back up.

For some odd reason, everytime I do a major job on someones expensive vehicle, it decides to rain. Go figure. LOL

btw Meghan, I will e-mail you a new request for things this weekend. LOL

Emile
06-10-2009, 09:05 PM
Rain after a detail is good luck.

It has been raining here in New Jersey almost all week. I am dying to go outside and wash the car.

sal329
06-10-2009, 09:28 PM
We have had the great weather ppl call for rain every day and have not seen any. I have had 3 ppl cancel bc of the predictions

SRHTX
06-10-2009, 09:29 PM
Rain after a detail is good luck.

It has been raining here in New Jersey almost all week. I am dying to go outside and wash the car.

Well, I think what saved my behind was the new Flex I got last week.. That Mercedes was mu ginny pig. That job was suppose to have been a 4 stage job. After I used that flex, I was like DANG!!!!! It felt like I did not have to go any further on the cars exterior, but, I wanted to put a sealant. The weather is so bad down here, it seems like I can only do one stage a day.

Gary Sword
06-11-2009, 06:47 AM
On the west coast of south Florida in the summer months the high is usually low 90's and the lows are in the mid 70's. The mornings are usually nice and sunny then it starts to cloud up in the early afternoon. There's usually a late afternoon or early evening shower then the sun comes back up. Like Meghan on the east coast yesterday was the first day it hasn't rained here in a while.

smokin' mark
06-11-2009, 02:36 PM
Just SMOKIN' HOT here in Alabama. It rains a little almost every day. Have to keep the humidity up to an acceptable level :)

Emile
06-11-2009, 02:52 PM
I think there is only one solution. We all have to start purchasing rain-resistant detailing canopies or something.

SRHTX
06-11-2009, 03:12 PM
I think there is only one solution. We all have to start purchasing rain-resistant detailing canopies or something.

LOL. I already have 2 canopies and they are at different places. It will depend on what type of vehicle I will be working on. I'm about to buy another 10x10 canopy so the small vehicles will be covered from front to back. Oh, I plan to go to Homo Depot or Lowes this weekend to buy a big outside fan to keep my cool, for the most part. I think that fan will keep those freaking MOSQUITOS away. :mad: