PDA

View Full Version : That wet look?

Pages : [1] 2 3

Mirror Detailing
06-10-2009, 09:39 AM
I am trying to figure out a combo of products to obtain that wet look! Right now the only thing i have to top my vehicles after they are buffed, is Nattys Wax or SuperNatural. Looking for some type of sealant to go on first and something to go on top to get that nice deep wet look!

Thanks

tWiStEd-tORqUe
06-10-2009, 09:51 AM
WG DGPS then top with Fuzion

PerroneFord
06-10-2009, 09:54 AM
Or Wolfgang, or any one of a number of quality sealants. But I've found that a good finishing polish, and jeweling paint are what are really necessary to get things looking their best.

Brace1
06-10-2009, 10:09 AM
A lot depends on the color vehicle you have. Oftentimes a glaze that is sealant friendly (i.e.: DWG or PB Black Hole) will give the extra depth.

Mirror Detailing
06-10-2009, 10:10 AM
WG DGPS then top with Fuzion

Wolfgang What? Cnat figure out the last past!

Or Wolfgang, or any one of a number of quality sealants. But I've found that a good finishing polish, and jeweling paint are what are really necessary to get things looking their best.

See thats my question i already use 3M Ultrafina Polish, then cover with Nattys or Dodo. But does the sealant go on before or after the wax to get that wet look?

tempter927
06-10-2009, 10:13 AM
Transaxle- If you do not intend to correct the paint ( 2-3 step polish and jewel) then I suggest a glaze and a sealant topped with a wax if you choose to and also depending on the color of your car.

I recently skipped the polishing/paint correction step because I did not have the time/workspace to correct the light swirls on my cars paint.

I clayed and cleaned the paint with wolfgang paintwork enhancer(Paint cleaner). I then applied chemical guys ez creme glaze and then applied chemical guys jetseal 109 (## products are not sold on autogeek). Because my car is white acheiveing the wet look is a littler tougher but the glaze and jetseal with definitely give you the "wet" look.

Compared to wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant I would say the Jetseal109 gives a little more of a wet look, however the dgps is very durable and has great slickness shine as well. I have read that jetseal is severely lacking in durability but I decided to give it a shot and see how wet my white car can look. With the million products you will probably get a million opinions. goodluck

tWiStEd-tORqUe
06-10-2009, 10:21 AM
Wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant

Mirror Detailing
06-10-2009, 10:27 AM
Transaxle- If you do not intend to correct the paint ( 2-3 step polish and jewel) then I suggest a glaze and a sealant topped with a wax if you choose to and also depending on the color of your car.

I recently skipped the polishing/paint correction step because I did not have the time/workspace to correct the light swirls on my cars paint.

I clayed and cleaned the paint with wolfgang paintwork enhancer(Paint cleaner). I then applied chemical guys ez creme glaze and then applied chemical guys jetseal 109 (## products are not sold on autogeek). Because my car is white acheiveing the wet look is a littler tougher but the glaze and jetseal with definitely give you the "wet" look.

Compared to wolfgang deep gloss paint sealant I would say the Jetseal109 gives a little more of a wet look, however the dgps is very durable and has great slickness shine as well. I have read that jetseal is severely lacking in durability but I decided to give it a shot and see how wet my white car can look. With the million products you will probably get a million opinions. goodluck

No this is with paint correction. I am just looking for something to bring out the paint more after i finish with the 3rd buff. So a sealant covered with a wax is the route i need to go then! will look into the products listed so far! :cheers:

PerroneFord
06-10-2009, 10:56 AM
Sealant needs to chemically bond to the paint. So the surface must be pristine. No wax, no oils, not even a QD. An IP wipe (Isopropyl Alcohol) is probably the best thing after your last buffing step. Then do the sealant.

Mirror Detailing
06-10-2009, 11:05 AM
Sealant needs to chemically bond to the paint. So the surface must be pristine. No wax, no oils, not even a QD. An IP wipe (Isopropyl Alcohol) is probably the best thing after your last buffing step. Then do the sealant.

i have been trying to locate those..where are people finding them at?

PerroneFord
06-10-2009, 11:13 AM
Locate what? Buy some 91% alcohol at the local pharmacy, put it into a sprayer 50/50 with distilled water, and you're all set.

tempter927
06-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Wolfgang What? Cnat figure out the last past!

See thats my question i already use 3M Ultrafina Polish, then cover with Nattys or Dodo. But does the sealant go on before or after the wax to get that wet look?

If you do a search on "jeweling" the paint you should find a couple of informative threads. Basically jeweling is done to already corrected paint as a final step that is NOT required (because the paint is already swirl free) but is done to add shine, using a lower speed and less or no pressure on the pad (typically blue or black). If you do a search you should find what polish and pads to use along with the speeds and technique.

As stated the sealant goes on before the wax (please allow time for the sealant to cure as stated on the direcitons of the product you choose). Another sealant that Ive heard gives a wet look is made by Four Star, you can find it on the autogeek store section under four star products.

Mirror Detailing
06-10-2009, 06:32 PM
Awesome thanks to all the responces got a good bit of useful info i didnt know already out of it! =D

sal329
06-10-2009, 09:32 PM
Jewl the paint with Menz 85rd or Meg 205, apply Danase Wet Glaze, top with Opti Seal or Duragloss 111 or Clearkote Carnauba Moose

4fit?
06-10-2009, 10:35 PM
WG DGPS topped with Natty's Blue.

http://www.mustangsofburlington.com/bullitt453/bullitt_hardware_7.jpg