PDA

View Full Version : Need a little info

Fred114
06-09-2009, 11:28 PM
I am getting ready to detail my car and wantes some info. Thinking about using some Menerzna polishes for the first time. My car, 2008 Mazdaspeed 3, Black Mica paint. Had some water spots I could not get out last time I polished.(Griots polish #3), so was thinking maybe using Menerzna Power Finish with a orange CSS pads. Wife bought me some Zymol Carbon for my birthday so that will be the wax I will finish with. So my questions would be, is the Power Finish the correct application for the job? Should it be followed with a final polish or a swirl remover? I am sure there are other questions I should be asking, but that is all I can think of for now.

Thanks for any help or suggestions.
Fred

Rsurfer
06-09-2009, 11:48 PM
If you use PF with an orange pad you may have to finish down with a white pad. Why not start with a white pad and if it doesn't cut it move up to an orange pad.

dublifecrisis
06-10-2009, 07:58 AM
Menzerna would be fine. I've had some experience with this black Mazda paint. IMO, power finish with a green or white pad would be a good start. It should remove minor swirls and water spots and finish down fairly nice. A true finishing polish like nano or FP with a black pad afterwards would really look great.

some have said mazda paint has a medium hardness but I think this black is fairly soft.

Fred114
06-10-2009, 08:22 AM
Thanks for the info. Sounds like good advice.