PDA

View Full Version : Which lasts longer, Duragloss Aquawax or Optimum Car Wax?

maxisiri
06-09-2009, 01:44 PM
I know there was long discussion of which is better Duragloss Aquawax or Optimum Car Wax because both products (according to members opinions) are great!!! I was not able to find out which of them last longer, according to Optimum, OCW will lasts almost 5 months, I don't have Duragloss version of how long AW lasts...what is your opinion...which lasts longer and for how long??? I will use it to top KLasse AIO + SG + Collinite 476 so as you can see I love long lasting protection!!! Im the MANbut also I am looking for a wet look and that's why I am planning to top it with either of the mentioned products. Thank you very much!!!!

ScottB
06-09-2009, 04:25 PM
I didnt find alot of protection from Aquawax ...I know others will suggest differently but to me its a booster at best. Optimum did offer some durability (length of protection) but nowhere near 5 months. Heck in Florida weather, Klasse and Zaino have a hard time hitting that mark with booster products of their own.

If you want a wet look on top of your combo and will reapply as needed then consider each or better yet try the Four Star Spray Wax with Polycharger. Talk about gloss...

maxisiri
06-09-2009, 09:18 PM
ohh I didnīt considered the Four Star Ultimate Spray Wax Plus Boosted with Polycharger!..Thanks for the advice!!!! Any other opinions to help me decide?

VISITOR
06-09-2009, 11:53 PM
between the two, i found myself reaching for aquawax more...

dublifecrisis
06-10-2009, 07:51 AM
between the two, i found myself reaching for aquawax more...

+1

and though I never payed much attention to durability between the 2, I tend to think the OCW would outlast AW.

Larry A
06-10-2009, 08:52 AM
+1

and though I never payed much attention to durability between the 2, I tend to think the OCW would outlast AW.
I also think OCW will outlast AW, but AW is easier to get and its cheaper, and leaves a great finish. AW is also easy to use taking only 15 minutes to do a car , so doing it once or twice a month is not a lot of work.

budman3
06-10-2009, 09:23 AM
OCW (version 2) will outlast AW by a wide margin. It is a fantastic product, leaves great slickness, lasts a long time, and easy to use. I've tried AW several times and initially it is slick and looks great but that seemed to 'fall off' quickly compared to OCW in my experiences.

Brace1
06-10-2009, 10:12 AM
OCW (version 2) will outlast AW by a wide margin. It is a fantastic product, leaves great slickness, lasts a long time, and easy to use. I've tried AW several times and initially it is slick and looks great but that seemed to 'fall off' quickly compared to OCW in my experiences.
Funny, since I never tried version 2 (have at least 3.5 qts left out of a gallon of original version), I initially was thinking you guys were on crack since my experience between the two (again compared to original version) was that OCW gave a nice warmer look but didn't last nearly as long as AW. The only measurement I used for longevity is beading though...

sal329
06-10-2009, 09:34 PM
I like OCW a tad bit better then AW. AW is great as a booster but if I am a doing a simple wash and wax I use OCW.

ryandamartini
06-10-2009, 09:58 PM
Down here in Florida, I find its the best to be coating my cars with 105 if possible and using aquawax for maintenance. The amount of rain for the last month or so is staggering at the least.

OGauge4Me
06-11-2009, 07:35 AM
I didnt find alot of protection from Aquawax ...I know others will suggest differently but to me its a booster at best. Optimum did offer some durability (length of protection) but nowhere near 5 months. Heck in Florida weather, Klasse and Zaino have a hard time hitting that mark with booster products of their own.

If you want a wet look on top of your combo and will reapply as needed then consider each or better yet try the Four Star Spray Wax with Polycharger. Talk about gloss...

Would you recommend the Four Star over Wolfgang Instant Detail Spritz to keep the Fuzion protection going strong?

ScottB
06-11-2009, 04:54 PM
For Fuzion, I prefer a carnauba based spray and suggest Pinnacles Souveran Spray Wax. Now for sealants in general, I would highly suggest coating with Four Star Spray Wax.

maxisiri
06-15-2009, 08:35 PM
Thanks ALL for your feedbacks and help!!!This forum is fantastic!!! As it was very very difficultfor me to decide wich to choose, I bought both of them..:righton: Next Time I will try The Four Star to compare the 3. Again, Thanks to all!!! Regards,
Max

Surfer
06-16-2009, 01:22 PM
I washed and clayed my truck about 5-6 weeks ago. Then just used some AW and that was it, still beading... thats good enough for me.