PDA

View Full Version : Taillight tinting in NC?

2kx2
06-08-2009, 08:47 AM
I recently purchase a 2004 Cadillac CTS-V. The headlights have the typical roughness and fading at the top. I am looking for someone to refinish these and also apply a light tint to the clear coat.

I would also like to have my taillights, 3rd brake light, side markers and driving/fog lights tinted. I am not interested in using the film type of tint, I have gone down this road and it just doesn't give the glossy appearance of a painted finish.

I am also interested in having the chrome badging tinted also to provide a black chrome like finish.

Any help would be appreciated. As you can see with the amount of work I would like done I don't want to trust it to someone that isn't experienced in doing this.

4fit?
06-08-2009, 09:15 AM
Well, I just posted this same thing in your introduction thread, but I reckon I'll post it again here.

I recently had Martin Bros. Paint & Body tint my heads and tails. I HIGHLY recommend those guys if you are anywhere near the Asheboro area. They are members of my Mustang club and do phenomenal work. They also painted my grill pony satin black, but it wasn't installed when this pic was taken.

Here's the only decent pic I have with them done. Haven't had a proper photoshoot with them yet.

http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3319/3537931150_e41282eb8e_b.jpg

2kx2
06-08-2009, 01:05 PM
Thanks, I can't see the pic but also own a 00 Mustang GT that is having a custom TT kit put on it.

4fit?
06-08-2009, 02:27 PM
Thanks, I can't see the pic but also own a 00 Mustang GT that is having a custom TT kit put on it.
Where in NC are you located?

2kx2
06-08-2009, 05:50 PM
I'm in Raeford, NC about 1.5hrs from Asheboro. I can see the pic from home but was being blocked at work.

Do you mind me asking how much they charged you?

4fit?
06-08-2009, 07:51 PM
I'm in Raeford, NC about 1.5hrs from Asheboro. I can see the pic from home but was being blocked at work.

Do you mind me asking how much they charged you?
Well, I bartered with them and did some website work for them (not live yet). for payment, they are doing quite a few things to my car. Shaving emblems, satin black treatments, tinted lights, etc, etc. Not sure what the asking price would be.

mikeross
11-10-2009, 01:39 AM
about how much would be the headlights and tail light tinting for them? I'm not satisfied with the stock lights so i'm thinking about adding some stash of tint to it. Also having problems with my fuel pump assembly (http://www.autopartswarehouse.com/fuel_pump_assembly~pop.html). Geeshh.