PDA

View Full Version : Best finishing polish?

Pages : [1] 2

Adde
09-05-2006, 09:38 PM
I got SSR2.5 and SSR 1.0, and then I usually finish with Liquid Souveran. But I want to buy a final polish to really make my black "pop"

OCDetails
09-05-2006, 10:16 PM
Liquid Souveran isn't a 'polish'. It is a wax. Are you looking for a liquid wax recomendation? If so, then it doesn't get better than Liquid Souveran. If you are looking at sealants as well, then I would suggest Wolfgang. 3 coats of that on black is insane.

carnut00
09-05-2006, 10:18 PM
I would think the SSR 1 would finish down smooth enough but if you want to go further you could go with XMT finishing glaze, vanilla moose, or PB pro polish.

Mike T
09-06-2006, 07:43 AM
PB's PwC, or Red Moose Glaze.

FloridaNative
09-06-2006, 07:56 AM
I really like the XMT polishes. They broke down in about 4 minutes and finished clean and clear. I used it recently and it made the metal flakes on my car sparkle. :)

Adde
09-06-2006, 08:15 AM
No I was looking for a finishing polish I was just saying what I apply after SSR1, so SSR1 is good enough then?

Rapidity
09-06-2006, 08:50 AM
No one would recommend optimum polish?

Waxmax
09-06-2006, 10:41 AM
For carnauba LSPs I use RMG or VMG....for sealant LSPs I use WG Finishing Glaze or CG's Creme Glaze. Many do use Optimum polish.

MikeyC
09-06-2006, 10:50 AM
Personally, I buy 99% of my products from Autogeek. The only things I have to buy elsewhere are Menzerna polishes and Zymol waxes. IMO there is absolutely no beating the finish left by their finishing polishes. It leaves my paint so smooth, wet, and reflective it never ceases to amaze me.

I use Menzerna Finishing Polish II, but I've also heard a lot of good things about P106FF which starts out with more bite but finishes finer than FPII. However, P106FF is only sold in large bottles and it's $50. So, if you want to invest less try the Blackfire Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish which is 1/2 the size and 1/2 the cost. The Blackfire is the same polish as P106FF just re-bottled by Blackfire.

3Dog
09-06-2006, 11:38 AM
Personally, I buy 99% of my products from Autogeek. One of the only things I have to buy elsewhere are Menzerna polishes. IMO there is absolutely no beating the finish left by their finishing polishes. It leaves my paint so smooth, wet, and reflective it never ceases to amaze me.

I use Menzerna Finishing Polish II, but I've also heard a lot of good things about P106FF which starts out with more bite but finishes finer than FPII. However, P106FF is only sold in large bottles and it's $50. So, if you want to invest less try the Blackfire Scratch Resistant Clear Finishing Polish which is 1/2 the size and 1/2 the cost. The Blackfire is the same polish as P106FF just re-bottled by Blackfire.
Ditto
When you are ready for more, you will be pleased with the BF SRC/106FF.
The BF version will work a little longer than the 106FF.

supercharged
09-06-2006, 09:51 PM
I got SSR2.5 and SSR 1.0, and then I usually finish with Liquid Souveran. But I want to buy a final polish to really make my black "pop"
Get XMT finishing glaze, the top it off with Souveran paste. Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN Im the MAN

ScottB
09-07-2006, 06:25 AM
There are multiple finishing glazes and finishing polishes that will help make your paint drip "wetness".

Clearkote VM, Clearkote RMG, Poorboys 1.0 SSR, XMT Finishing Glaze, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Menzerna FPII.

The idea is using them correctly. Light jeweling of the paint, with a finishing pad as needed. They will work well provided you have done the proper prep first. That includes properly polishing with more abrasive pad/polish combo's as needed to first remove all swirls. The real benefit to 066 from Menzerna is it breaks down from an aggressive polish to a finishing polish in one step, but you still can reduce pad abbrasiveness and to gem the surface.

dengood1
09-07-2006, 07:21 AM
There are multiple finishing glazes and finishing polishes that will help make your paint drip "wetness".

Clearkote VM, Clearkote RMG, Poorboys 1.0 SSR, XMT Finishing Glaze, Wolfgang Finishing Glaze, Menzerna FPII.

The idea is using them correctly. Light jeweling of the paint, with a finishing pad as needed. They will work well provided you have done the proper prep first. That includes properly polishing with more abrasive pad/polish combo's as needed to first remove all swirls. The real benefit to 066 from Menzerna is it breaks down from an aggressive polish to a finishing polish in one step, but you still can reduce pad abbrasiveness and to gem the surface.

so what pad would you use with the Blackfire polish or Menzerna since it breaks down so fine? Would you still have to use two pads, one to cut and the other to jewel or could you do it all in one step?

ScottB
09-07-2006, 04:53 PM
so what pad would you use with the Blackfire polish or Menzerna since it breaks down so fine? Would you still have to use two pads, one to cut and the other to jewel or could you do it all in one step?

I find white works well, but remember the 066 has more bite initially then some other polishes (after all it needs to cut the new ceramiclears). You could stop there, but a quick jeweling with a finishing pad rocks. And if no swirls, just using 066 and finishing pad from the start. WOW !!

belcherm58
09-07-2006, 05:09 PM
I would think the SSR 1 would finish down smooth enough but if you want to go further you could go with XMT finishing glaze, vanilla moose, or PB pro polish.

If you plan to use a sealant, you might want to use the Wolfgang Finishing Glaze instead of the XMT Finishing Glaze. The XMT has carnauba in it and will
cause bonding problems for a sealant. The Wolfgang is sealant friendly.