PDA

View Full Version : New ride and a question??

pricha00
06-07-2009, 08:35 AM
I just picked up an 02 Civic SiR, at least that is what they are called up here in the great white north. I believe they were just Si down in the states. No matter, old couple that owned it took pretty good care of it however they did allow a few brake dust discoloration stains on the OEM rims. I know they are alloy so how aggressive can I get on these? Meg's all wheel cleaner and soft bristle brush did nothing? Any suggestions?

Pat.

ScottB
06-07-2009, 10:19 AM
The wheels are likely clearcoated as OEM wheels ... you might wanna try Poorboys Spray/Rinse Wheel Cleaner or Megs Wheel Brightner. Both are extremely strong so follow directions and use in well ventilated area. A brush and sponge for agitation are also good choices. These will remove all brake dust.

If it is only discoloration, then consider using some clay and then a paint polish to brighten them and remove stains as possible. Paint cleaner lotions like Pinnacle and P21S might be another choice. Then use a nice wheel sealant like DP or Poorboys so it wont happen again.