PDA

View Full Version : Review: Daytona Speed Master Wheel Brush

Pages : 1 [2]

OGauge4Me
09-29-2009, 10:14 AM
I have a DSB and it makes cleaning the inside of the Montana rims an easier job.

PerroneFord
09-30-2009, 11:51 PM
Have you used Poorboys Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner? How does Surf City GD compare to PB for stuck on grime? Anyone that has compared the two I would like to hear what you have to say. I am looking for the best product to remove caked on junk off of wheels.

:buffing:

Sorry, I haven't been here in a while...

I have not used PB Spray and Rinse. I don't normally use Grime Destroyer on wheels. I usually cut it 3:1 and use it as a pre-cleaner on the paint, engine, fuel filler flap, anywhere there is likely to be caked on grease, road tar, or other garbage.

I may see if I can get a small sample of the PB Spray and Rinse. I have some tough jobs coming up and that may be just the ticket on wheels. I use a lot of PB products and really like most of them.

DLB
11-17-2009, 07:55 AM
Have you used Poorboys Spray and Rinse Wheel Cleaner? How does Surf City GD compare to PB for stuck on grime? Anyone that has compared the two I would like to hear what you have to say. I am looking for the best product to remove caked on junk off of wheels.

:buffing:
Sorry I missed your post. It is only a couple of months old.

I have both, and use both. On the inside of wheel barrels I like to use the PB for the general dust and grime. For the tar and other junk that is on the inside of the wheels, the SCG dominates.

The PB spray and rinse isn't truly a spray and rinse IMO, but I don't think such a product exists. For most wheels, I just use soap and water - hasn't let me down yet. The PB's only comes out on tough cases.

DLB

trek
11-17-2009, 08:17 AM
Sorry I missed your post. It is only a couple of months old.

I have both, and use both. On the inside of wheel barrels I like to use the PB for the general dust and grime. For the tar and other junk that is on the inside of the wheels, the SCG dominates.

The PB spray and rinse isn't truly a spray and rinse IMO, but I don't think such a product exists. For most wheels, I just use soap and water - hasn't let me down yet. The PB's only comes out on tough cases.

DLB

Do you cut the SCG?

DLB
11-17-2009, 09:34 AM
Do you cut the SCG?
Not when using it on the inside of wheels like I mentioned above. It can be cut for paint though. On heavy tar, I always use it full strength with no issues. Makes tar come off like butter.

DLB

jlb85
11-17-2009, 10:31 AM
I just wanted to add that we use the Daytona and just purchased the EZ-Detail brush. They seem to be basically the same brush. The Daytona is softer now after a season of abuse, but it still cleans good. We use Meg's Wheel Brightener on most OEM wheels, and with a spray and the Daytona brush, they come out very clean. You will not be able to get any tar off, but the wheels come out good regardless. Most customers are amazed at how clean the barrels become. But the trick here is the Wheel Brightener.

We also use P21S Gel, CG Sticky Gel, and APC. The brush works good with each, but nothing comes close to the cleaning power of Wheel Brightener. It is serious stuff, and you must be very careful with it and work quick ;)

We use other brushes for the faces of the wheels, something a little more stiff and short (live the "vent kit brushes"), and a SchMITT. Together, these tools are able to clean any wheel.

BTW, make sure to thoroughly clean the brushes after use. They like to really soak up soap. Even rinsing with the pressure washer it takes a long time to get it flowing clean sud-free water. If you leave any chemicals on them for an extended period of time, the bristles get hard and lose their shape.