PDA

View Full Version : S100 Total Cycle Cleaner for car wash?

Emile
06-06-2009, 06:32 PM
Hey,

So S100 Total Cycle Cleaner is spray on, touch stubborn spots with sponge, and then hose off. Can we use this stuff for a pre-soak for our cars and/or for stripping off existing paint protection? I know that some detailers use P21S TAW and shoot it out of a foam cannon but P21S isn't really for that...it's supposed to be meant as a spot cleaner, or to be diluted to use on the interior so I am not so comfortable with drenching with entire vehicle in P21S TAW. I was wondering that maybe S100 Total Cycle Cleaner may fit the bill instead since it is designed as a complete motorcycle wash product.

I have Chemical Guys Citrus Wash & Gloss but that's more of a car wash soap than a "paintwork cleanser" and it's hard to tell if existing protection gets stripped because it leaves a bit of protection behind on its own.

Or perhaps the S100 Total Cycle Cleaner and P21S Total Auto Wash are the same exact formula and I should just purchase P21S TAW anyways?

Thanks,
Emile

CharlesW
06-06-2009, 06:52 PM
Having used both on motorcycles and for underhood cleaning, I couldn't tell the difference.
Honda Brite is very similar and is made for Honda by S100.
All three work good, but do need to be thoroughly rinsed and definitely not allowed to dry without being rinsed.
I don't use them for complete washes on the bike, just the areas that are difficult to reach with a wash mitt/sponge. As stated, they seem a little strong for a complete maintenance wash.

ScottB
06-06-2009, 07:03 PM
S100 and P21S are similar/same products one designed for motorcycle clients the other for automotive. The product you mention is quite similar to Total Wash and IMO to harsh to use as car wash specifically.

Emile
06-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Thanks for the responses, guys. I think I will just stick with my Citrus Wash & Gloss for now.

Killr, talk to Max about offering a product like CWG or CWC in the DP lineup. I can't speak for anyone else, but I would really love a product like CWG with the quality and affordability that Detailer's Pride product typically offers.