PDA

View Full Version : Review: Griot's waterless spray on car wash

JonT1989
06-05-2009, 03:11 PM
This is the product: Griot's Garage Waterless Spray-On Car Wash, Griots Garage Waterless Wash, Car Wash Spray, Waterless Car Washing (http://autogeek.net/griots-waterless-wash.html)

I used the car wash on a 2004.5 Jetta Gli that was completely cleaned two weeks ago (wash, clayed, sealed, and waxed). This car is my baby and I keep her covered up and typically only drive her once or twice a week. Yesterday when I was going to Taco Bell, the sprinklers turned on in the drive-thru and my car was soaked with hard water. I awoke this morning to find my car partially covered in water spots and decided that I would give waterless car wash a chance and try out some of my new Fuzion wax (bogo!).

I got the 35oz bottle and purchased the Griot's finest sprayer along with it.

Overall I was unimpressed by the product. I used the product as directed by the label on the bottle and recieved mediocore results at best. I started with the roof which had minimal water spots and some very light dust. I sprayed down a small section of the roof and procedded to wipe off the product with a ## "fluffer" microfiber towel. The dust was gone but there was still water spots! I decided to try again but this time I spread the product with a damp microfiber towel and then dried it off but I recieved the same results. At this point I decided to stop using the product because I was very unhappy with the performance and felt my time was better spent with a QD.

I have dozens of different QD products and I know that the vast majority of them would do a better job of cleaning off these water spots. I used my Pinnacle Crystal Mist and it performed much better than the Griot's and required much less work to get those results. The crystal mist automatically removed the water spots and left my car feeling smooth and glossy, this is how I expected the Griot's to perform. I would just like to remind everyone that this test was performed on a very clean automobile. I can't imagine how the Griot's would perform on a car that actually had some grit on it.

The only thing that I liked about this product was that it had a nice pina colada scent to it and it had a good amount of lubrication to it.

Overall Rating 2/5

maddenbowler
06-05-2009, 03:48 PM
what color is your car

JonT1989
06-05-2009, 05:03 PM
Same as your avatar, platinum grey.

maddenbowler
06-05-2009, 05:24 PM
i just used nattys sealant ex-p this weekend and its the best my car has looked. Just letting you know. You should try it sometime

JonT1989
06-05-2009, 05:41 PM
I may give that a try, I'm using WDGPS 3.0 right now.

maddenbowler
06-05-2009, 06:37 PM
never used it. The only other thing i've used is pinnacle sig series 2 and personally i like nattys sealant more

maddenbowler
06-05-2009, 07:05 PM
sorry it was nattys sealant EX with caranuba not ex-p