PDA

View Full Version : Touch Up

JAM-FL
06-05-2009, 01:58 PM
So I have a brand new 09 Audi A4(black) and I got my first paint chip. I went to a local body shop and they told me that its so tiny that all they need to do is wet sand, touch up the paint (Let Cure) and wet sand to even out again. The size of the chips are equal to getting a ball point pen and making 3 dots. Has anyone else ever have this done.. does it sound right...?? The guy says once he's done I will not be able to even notice where it happened...he says he's done this on numerous porsche due to the front end being sooo long......THANKS

Rsurfer
06-05-2009, 03:45 PM
Sounds about right. DIY!!!

JAM-FL
06-05-2009, 04:25 PM
Thanks for your reply Rsurfer. Honestly I haven't had any experience wet sanding yet that why I wanted a professional but i'm getting there I learn how to clay now i'm going to move up to wet sand have a buddy getting my a hood from the body shop to start practicing. Actually its not going to cost me much just Lunch....The owner of the shop is my friend :)

agpatel
06-05-2009, 04:30 PM
That sound about right, that is exactly what I did on my GTI to a few chips.

Blackthorn One
06-05-2009, 09:28 PM
Yes, that is the right technique. I like to mask just around the chip before I sand to minimize unnecessary polishing.