PDA

View Full Version : Got my Kompressor pads

ObsessiveAutoDetail
06-04-2009, 12:26 PM
All I can say is wow! They are basically a flat, open-cell pad with slots or tabs cut into the surface. They look interesting for sure. Well, I had to try em out. So, I just took some PO 106 FA on a black pad out to the wife's Equinox just to see..... These pads are my new favorite. I'll get some before & afters up ASAP. They don't seem to get excessively hot, I only did the C pillar area,but I monitored temp with a Raytek laser pyrometer. They "feel" better than a CCS pad and don't seem to want to walk or skip. They do conform around body curves and rounded areas, and IF you hit and edge, they are slightly more forgiving than a regular foam pad (I tried on an MGB hood I had, NOT the wife's ride!) The black pad finished out FLAWLESSLY! I will be doing a full correction soon and I will update.

BTW... I used 'em on a Makita 9227.

Matt S.
06-04-2009, 12:46 PM
Nice little review; the Kompressors are my favorites as well :cheers:

mixmaster209
06-04-2009, 01:21 PM
Hadn't known how good these pads were :) Based on what you guys are saying I will most defenitely be using white kompressor pads with some pre-wax cleaner in the following days. Can't wait to see how they work.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-04-2009, 07:26 PM
The Kompressor pads are great. I also have not used my ccs pads since I started using them.

killrflake
06-04-2009, 07:36 PM
I had bought a couple of the Kompressor pads with my last order but had not tried them out yet. I'm anxious to give them a try now. Thanks for the mini review.

dan45hk
06-24-2009, 08:22 AM
I bought these Kompressor pads based on reviews here and am very disappointed after trying them out. The first thing I noticed is that the rectangles making up the pad get twisted up leading to an uneven pad surface. You can tell they are not contacting the paint evenly by looking at the polish residue. Also the purple pad induced more scratches on GM hard clear than a wool pad with less cut.

The orange pad was just useless at removing finer scratches, I had to switch to my orange CCS pad to get those out with Menzerna SIP. These pads also made a rotary hop much easier than CCS pads and were terrible at controlling splatter. I never had an issue with splatter using CCS pads. Even the smallest amount of polish would cause these Kompressor pads to sling material. I bought 2 sets of these things I hope I can return them.

ASPHALT ROCKET
06-24-2009, 10:33 AM
I bought these Kompressor pads based on reviews here and am very disappointed after trying them out. The first thing I noticed is that the rectangles making up the pad get twisted up leading to an uneven pad surface. You can tell they are not contacting the paint evenly by looking at the polish residue. Also the purple pad induced more scratches on GM hard clear than a wool pad with less cut.

The orange pad was just useless at removing finer scratches, I had to switch to my orange CCS pad to get those out with Menzerna SIP. These pads also made a rotary hop much easier than CCS pads and were terrible at controlling splatter. I never had an issue with splatter using CCS pads. Even the smallest amount of polish would cause these Kompressor pads to sling material. I bought 2 sets of these things I hope I can return them.

I don't understand how you got more pad hop than the ccs pads, the Kompressor are smooth as silk. Also never have experienced and type of uneven polishing, excessive polish splatter. I agre with the orange and purple pad but if you are using the rotary wool is the way to go if you need an orange or purple pad. I would suggest playing around with the pads a little more because they are an awesome pad to work with.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
06-24-2009, 02:08 PM

Hey,

Sorry to hear you had such bad luck with the pads. My first job was a 2005 Chevy Equinox (Hard clear), that'd NEVER been corrected. I hit it with the purple/SIP orange/sip white/sip/nano black/nano gold /PO87. Such a long process because this thing was swirl galore, but I actually liked doing this job with the Kompressors more than my CCS pads. I had minimal sling and NO hop. Hopefuly AG will take care of ya'.

Integra-S
06-24-2009, 02:26 PM
I have these as well for my rotary but have yet to try them out. Rain just does not want to stop here