PDA

View Full Version : New Guy from SoCal

mudman
06-04-2009, 01:16 AM
Hello,

Just wanted to introduce myself, My name is Gary and I just started getting into detailing. I've always done detailing by hand and never with DA polishers- however after seeing a friend's car that was detail via DA. It was something I wanted to do as well.

I'm fairly new to everything, so I'm really not sure of the whole process either. Such as in what order does what go? Scratch X, Polish, Carnuba Wax, then NXT 2.0 Tech wax? This was what I had planned. Meguiars products have always proved to work very well for me, so I will be sticking with this company.

My car is a 2001 Lexus IS300 in a Diamond White Pearl finish. From my past experiences hand waxing- Carnuba wax seem to be the only type of sealant that brings out the pearl in my car the most. But I also planned to try out the NXT tech wax over it to get a little more shine.

Here are things I have on the way:
Meguiars products:
NXT 2.0 Tech Wax
Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner
Deep Crystal Carnuba Wax
Show Car #7 Mirror Glaze
Color X
Scratch X 2.0
Swirl X
Ultimate Quick Detailer
Agressive Claybar
Deep Crystal Car Wash
Leather Conditioner

Porter Cable 7424
Lake Contry 6.5'' Buffing Pads: Orange, White, Grey, Blue, Red
Cobra Micro Fiber Towels: Waffle Weave, Artic White Edgeless
WCDetail Micro Fiber Towels: Plush towels (25 of them)

Are there any other items I should purchase to get the desired results?
Thanks! :cheers:

LincolnZephyr2006
06-04-2009, 05:51 AM
Welcome.... roam around the store for a few hours and you will change your mind about Meguiars... or at least their OTC products!

LincolnZephyr2006
06-04-2009, 05:53 AM
and also... I usually put on a sealant first and top coat that with a carnuba paste... so you have the best of both worlds