PDA

View Full Version : Griot's Glass Polish

BenzDetailer
06-03-2009, 08:44 PM
Let me start out by saying in the past I have always paid more attention to the Paint Surfaces of a vehicle and somewhat less to the glass. I had always tried to use a very fine polish or swirl remover when I had some glass correction to do such as water spotting or etching. That being said I had only done a 80 to 90 percent job on glass especially on daily drivers. Even when I was preping glass for AQUAPEL I would not always get it to 100%.

In doing this review I attempted some before and after pictures but they tended to look identical so I have abandoned that attempt atleast until this weekend.

I chose to apply the Griot's Glass Polish by hand using a micofiber square finish pad. I found the product goes a very long way but must be worked in small sections (I did the first windshield on a C-Class Mercedes - Dailey Driver always kept outside), I worked on 9 specific quadrants applying very firm pressure working the polish in until it was such a faint haze it could be wiped away with little effort. Even though the polish was very light and I used small amounts, dusting did occur but it was easily removed. One suggestion I would reccomend is to "Blue" Tape off any trim around the windshield even though this is a very mild abrasive it will allow you to work right to the edge of the glass.

The entire windshield which I would rate as average or above average to start took roughly 45 minutes to complete. The results were amazing the glass felt very smooth and even some problem areas at the base of the windshield, just below the wipers, came out sparkling and super smooth. The windshield looked perfect and tiny imperfections were removed.

In th future I would probably wash the car and clay the windshield before begining the Griot's Glass Polishing process.

Based on what I believe are the 5 most important things:

Ease of Application
Ease of Removal
Results
Cost / Value
Overall Results / Performance

I would give it an A.

I was a little more comfortable knowing that I was using a polish made just for glass. It helped removed any concerns that I might somehow be using somthing too aggressive.

I would estimate there is enough in one container to do 15 to 25 windshields.

Pick some GRIOT'S GLASS POLISH up from AG you will be very pleased with the results you get! :buffing:

GriotsGarage
06-04-2009, 07:21 AM
WOW! What a great review! Thank you! You are right in guessing using the clay bar will help in the future, we have found that using the polish and the clay bar together helps keep the windshield issues to a minimum, it also extends the life of you wiper blades! One of my co-workers got four years out of a set of blades just by polishing when needed and using the clay on the windshield every time he used it on the paint!

Frank787
08-30-2009, 08:04 PM
I have also used Griot's Glass Polish on my wife's car. I used a PC7424 with the "backup pad" that comes with the Porter Cable cut down to about 1/2 its original thickness so I could put more downward pressure. It worked very well for me also. Made my wife happy also.

With some of the horror stories I've read I was a bit nervous but it went very well and was quite glad that I tried it.

YankeeFan
08-31-2009, 11:18 AM
That would be my question to BenzDetailer - since you did the original review polishing the glass by hand, have you tried it with a flex or PC?

Howard