PDA

View Full Version : Snappy Clean

Dubbin1
06-03-2009, 08:15 PM
Is Snappy Clean something that can be used more then once if the bucket it is in is kept covered? Also, what other ways are recommended to clean foam pads?

RustyBumper
06-03-2009, 09:28 PM
Snappy Clean keeps for about a week in a bucket, depending on use. If you've only washed one or two pads in the bucket then you might be able to make it last a little longer.

I soak my pads in the bucket for a day or two then take them out and rinse them. Once I've rinsed them, I put them on my Flex and spin at about 5 or 6 and use a nail brush to clean the pad while it's spinning. I'll inspect the pad and if it's still dirty I'll use the brush until I get the pad clean then let it air dry. Also, get large zip lock storage bags to store your pads. Write the date used and type of polish used on it as well.

Emile
06-03-2009, 10:33 PM
I have a couple packets of Snappy Clean but I have not used it yet.

I like to use the Pinnacle XMT Pad Cleaner, it seems to work pretty well and it's quite fast. I just spray the pad down thoroughly, give it about a minute to work its way into the pad, and then wring the pad out under running water.

A4 1.8tqm
06-04-2009, 01:10 AM
I will keep a covered bucket of Snappy Clean around for a couple weeks or 10-12 pad cleanings. Rinsing the pad in warm water before it goes in the bucket, then leave it for a day or two. A Grit Guard can't hurt

I mix half batches for cleaning pads that were used for compounding. I don't like the possibility of heavy cut abrasives getting into my soft pads. Kind of like the two bucket wash method.

First time I used XMT I loved it, not sure why that surprised me.

ScottB
06-04-2009, 06:02 PM
On next purchase get the DP Pad Rejuvinator as a nice option. I rather like it for pads and applicators and find you can vary the amount used to water rather easy so no need to store for additional use.