PDA

View Full Version : Applying Natty's Blue...

Pages : [1] 2

P1et
09-04-2006, 10:15 PM
I had ordered some foam pads from AG to apply my Natty's Blue. I moistened them with water and rubbed some wax on it from the tub and applied in full-on sun. The instructions said it wouldn't be a problem, so I went ahead.

I was careful not too use too much of it and let it sit for about 10 minutes. But getting it off was a right pain. It was almost caked on and I had to really scrub my mango microfiber to get rid of it.

What did I do wrong here? :confused:

Tex Star Detail
09-04-2006, 10:37 PM
How thick/thin did you put it on?

I usually put mine on VERY thin. Just enough where you can see it haze ever so lightly. When I first tried it, I put it on too heavy, and it was hard to get off. If I see lines when I apply it, it is too think and O spread it down thinner.

What I mean by lines, is when you apply the wax, and you see lines of raised wax. Understand that?? Kinda hard to get the right words.....
Let me know if you need me to explain it better....
Just try to get it on super thin.

joe.p
09-04-2006, 10:58 PM
apply it thin you may not see the wax but it's there . Put it on thin apply to the paint you'll know the difference when its time to add more to your pad let it haze then remove,if you find NB hard to remove you can spray the panel with a QD to aide in the removal. Then apply a second coat when your ready to assure even coverage. I think you went to heavy on the wax ontop of sitting in the sun caused the wax to become difficult to remove.when your finished with the 2nd layer hit again with a QD for the extra pop.

NB is a great product dont give up on it once you get the hang of NB it will become a favorite. good luck

supercharged
09-04-2006, 11:19 PM
If it's very hot, I would only let it sit for a minute, then buff it right off. And if you have trouble, use a QD spray.

sparkie
09-05-2006, 04:18 AM
Some waxes you can put down in the sun. Put your hand down onto the paint, if it to hot for your hand, it's to hot to put wax on.

P1et
09-05-2006, 08:36 AM
The paint was quite warm (had been sitting outside in the Texas heat for a few hours) and I think I might have put down a layer that was too thick.

Next time: thinner and out of the sun!

wytstang
09-05-2006, 09:34 AM
Thats weird my experience with NB on hot paint was not difficult at all. NB went on and off like butta, I don't think it was the sun/hot surface it was just a tad to thick I would assume.

FloridaNative
09-05-2006, 10:39 AM
I agree with the others about applying it very thin. For my Natty's I use one of those microfiber applicators and dampen it first. I've applied it in full sun and never had a problem getting it off.

Surfer
09-05-2006, 10:58 AM
Thats weird my experience with NB on hot paint was not difficult at all. NB went on and off like butta, I don't think it was the sun/hot surface it was just a tad to thick I would assume.agree NB is easy for me in South Florida. Apply thin, let set, then buff off with a light misting from a QD'er.

Reddwarf
09-05-2006, 11:15 AM
I don't recall NB being diffiuclt to remove; however, I do think it required more elbow greese than DP Max Wax.

aceshigh73
09-05-2006, 12:46 PM
I have used MaxWax and couldnt imagine something easier to remove....
I have Natty's on order... Will compare when I get to use it....

ScottB
09-05-2006, 04:35 PM
Just switch to Pinnacle Souveran .... simply delicious and best of all WOWO ..no scrubbing. Max Wax and Sig Series II work very similar !!

paradog
09-05-2006, 04:38 PM
check out Step #4 http://www.autogeek.net/xmt.html in the video and follow the same proceedure

joe.p
09-05-2006, 04:48 PM
Just switch to Pinnacle Souveran .... simply delicious and best of all WOWO ..no scrubbing. Max Wax and Sig Series II work very similar !!I'm gonna agree with you once again
Scott your amazing

joe.p
09-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I have used MaxWax and couldnt imagine something easier to remove....
I have Natty's on order... Will compare when I get to use it....
I used them both and i'll have to give NB the edge. Max Wax appeared to look muted .