PDA

View Full Version : Meg's Wheel Brightener or Poorboys Spray and Rinse

dan45hk
06-02-2009, 08:10 PM
Has anyone noticed any difference in performance between these two wheel cleaners?

charliehaley
06-02-2009, 10:57 PM
I have never used either but i would say that the Poorboys will definately be much safer and from what i hear is very effective.

dan45hk
06-02-2009, 10:59 PM
I have never used either but i would say that the Poorboys will definately be much safer and from what i hear is very effective.

They both use the same caustic chemical Amonium Biflouride, so I don't know how it would be safer unless it was less concentrated.

LincolnZephyr2006
06-02-2009, 11:59 PM
The Megs is pretty strong.... be careful to use it on the right finishes. It can also be diluted.

Emile
06-03-2009, 10:45 PM
I've never used either product, but I've heard that Meg's Wheel Brightener is like bringing a gun to a knife fight. You can try an all purpose cleaner for nice wheel cleaning results. APC's are generally very cheap when purchased by the gallon and you can dilute them with water quite heavily and still get great cleaning power.

ObsessiveAutoDetail
06-03-2009, 10:52 PM
I use Poor Boy's Spray & Rinse. It is STRONG stuff. I wear gloves when ever I handle it. Of course, I only use it on rims I know to be able to tolerate this chemical. I only rely on it on a first detail where the rims are ridiculously dirty, after the initial cleaning, I use a completely safe citrus-based rim & wheel cleaner as a maintenance cleaner.