PDA

View Full Version : Can I just keep using Menz SIP + Orange/Yellow pad for quick results?

m4gician
06-02-2009, 10:43 AM
Hey guys,

I understand time is money. I hate shortcutting, but doing it the right way almost ALWAYS takes forever and I always get the impression that no matter what I say, my customers think I'm taking too long.

Can I jsut shortcut with Menz SIP + Flex 3401 + Yellow pad (sonus/lc) for quick results on medium to heavy swirled cars?

THen seal/top wax?

Let me know guys if the results will be dramatic, yet quicker. Becuase doing a two step polish from Orange pad, to White pad, then seal and wax takes a lot of time.

If I can cut the polishing down to one pass I'd be very happy to do so.

Wendell Jarvis
06-02-2009, 01:16 PM
It all depends on the condition of the paint, just like you stated, time is money, here is what I have done before and still knocked the customers socks off, Wash, Clayed and used Menzerna Power Finish ( its like 3 products in one) then a coat of wax ( started off with White Lake Country pads and then moved down to the green pad with Power Finish.
It will save you time from using SIP then 85rd and wax.

wytstang
06-02-2009, 01:50 PM
Just a thought but after SIP maybe use Poli-Seal to polish and protect all in one shot.

m4gician
06-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Just a thought but after SIP maybe use Poli-Seal to polish and protect all in one shot.

Sounds like an idea, I was thinking Klasse or even XMT360.

loudog2
06-02-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't think any car would be LSP ready after a sonus/LC yellow pad. There would be a ton of marring.

ScottB
06-02-2009, 04:22 PM
I dont personally like the yellow abrasive pad from LC ... I stop at orange with any random orbital even the Flex.