PDA

View Full Version : best way to repair paint chips

SpotlessDetail
06-02-2009, 05:35 AM
Hey everyone. I was wondering if anybody has a great method of filling in scratches and chips? I see these kits for about $35 but it seems like it may be a rip off and nothing I cannot put together myself. I suppose I can use touch up paint then squeegee off the excess but then how do I get the smear off the panel? Compound? Paint thinner? What should I use. I have to do a spot where some wing nut kindly placed his door into mine (only mark on the truck) and my gf's mustang which has it all over her black hood. Any input would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance as I know you guys know your S***Feed back please

BenzDetailer
06-02-2009, 05:39 AM
The Langka Paint Chip repair and blob remover works great. Buy the whole kit for under $40.00. With trial and error you will get near perfect results. Follow their instructions to the letter!

SpotlessDetail
06-04-2009, 05:17 AM
Hello? Doesnt anyone know how to do this? I figured someone would have perfected a way of doing this by now. If not thats cool too I'll be sure to take lots of pics and show everyone my creation! Thanks in advance.

Showroom Shine
06-04-2009, 05:27 AM
DetailKing has a Color Twin set for $70 ,that I have seen in action. It has 2 basic colorsand it works Great!

Blackthorn One
06-04-2009, 07:50 AM
You feather edge the chips by sanding, and then fill them with paint until the touch up paint is just above the rest of the paint,which might take two or three paint applications. Then you sand it flush with wet or dry paper and polish the area.