PDA

View Full Version : What's your favorite protectant for dashes and interior?

ANDYS87
06-01-2009, 08:32 AM
I used 303 Protectant for my dash and interior vinyl and plastic parts for the first time yesterday. It left a nice finish on the top of my dash, but streaked on the hard plastic parts(like the radio bezel, the black trim around my speedo/gauge cluster, etc. I am kind of up in the air if I like this product or not. What do you guys swear by? I like a semi-gloss look. And something that doesn't attract dust like crazy....and no streaking! Thanks

BenzDetailer
06-01-2009, 08:45 AM
P21S has a new interior (COCKPIT) surface cleaner - not sure if AG has it yet or not because I buy there stuff wholesale. But it is a very good cleaner for all services and leaves a non greasy flat finish.

Bernard
06-01-2009, 08:56 AM
I like Meguiars Natural Shine & FK108 Top Kote. I like them becoz of their low shine and smell.

Bunky
06-01-2009, 05:08 PM
For interiors in good shape.I like 1z cockpit because it really does not change the surface finish per se. It cleans and protects. It looks natural -- because it is.

ScottB
06-01-2009, 05:23 PM
P21S has a new interior (COCKPIT) surface cleaner - not sure if AG has it yet or not because I buy there stuff wholesale. But it is a very good cleaner for all services and leaves a non greasy flat finish.

I emailed them and they have not even decided if they are going to release it. So for now its back to Einszett Cockpit Premium or Poorboys Natural Look for UV protection. I dont use on wood, carbon, or other metal inserts however, I cover those with Zaino Z8.

sal329
06-01-2009, 07:00 PM
I like Meg #40, FK 108 and Danase Nu Look

LincolnZephyr2006
06-01-2009, 07:07 PM
I use Zainos leather in a bottle! Just because its GREAT on leather and does well on the dash and doors..... and does not leave streaks or shine!

WAX-BANDIT
06-01-2009, 07:14 PM
I like fk-108 too....:cheers:

SRHTX
06-01-2009, 07:57 PM
On leather? I will use Woolite and distilled water. Very easy to do/use and it cleans the leather nicely.

My $.02

Stephen

PerroneFord
06-01-2009, 08:21 PM
I just decided to try my PB Natural Look. I expected a flat finish, but its reall semi-gloss. Nice clean look to it though. I'll finish the rest of my interior tomorrow and then decide if I want to use it on my detail this weekend.

Steven C
06-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Like the meg 40 for the look but hate the smell . I bought a gallon last spring used about half of it threw the year . This weekend I open the bottle and it smell like it went sour the smell was brutal ended up throwing it away . Just bought the Optmuim Protect Plus to give it a try. I love 303 but on plastic you have to wipe down with dry mf. I you have alot plastic give Stoners TrimShine Or DuraGloss Trim Spray . Spray them on give it second give quick wipe to knock down the finish our spray right on mf applicator. Thats all I use on My work truck 98 Freightliner the hole dash is plastic.

See ya Steven

svtsupremecy
06-02-2009, 04:23 PM
I used the 1z cockpit premium to clean and then Optimum PP to protect...worked fantastic for me. Only problem is I went through 1z cockpit pretty fast since its a small bottle for $11. I now use Meguires green APC (10-1) and protect with OPP and it works as well for less $.

I will say 1z cockpit smells glorious as does OPP

ScottB
06-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I just decided to try my PB Natural Look. I expected a flat finish, but its reall semi-gloss. Nice clean look to it though. I'll finish the rest of my interior tomorrow and then decide if I want to use it on my detail this weekend.

if you have any gloss, you likely used to much. Buff it and see if any difference, it should look new with maybe a hint of darkness (richness).

PerroneFord
06-02-2009, 07:59 PM
if you have any gloss, you likely used to much. Buff it and see if any difference, it should look new with maybe a hint of darkness (richness).

Duly noted. It was dark so I just took a spray bottle, a microfiber and a shop light down to the car and tried it. I'll give it a whirl in a more controlled way when I get a chance.

Thanks for the heads up.

Chris_D
06-02-2009, 10:15 PM
I like 303 or Meguiar's Quik Interior Detailer. I like the looks of the Meguiar's since there is even less shine than with the 303. It just looks really clean. But I'm not sure if that particular Meg's product has much UV protection. So I plan on still using the 303 about once a month on my dash unless I find out I don't need to.