PDA

View Full Version : Auto Magic?

Pages : [1] 2

SRHTX
05-31-2009, 05:50 PM
Okay,

I'm asking a dumb question. I just want to know who has used Auto Magic detailing products?

Pats300zx
05-31-2009, 05:54 PM
I used to use their Magic Mist QD spray years ago. I think I still have a bottle left. It was carnuaba based and did an ok job.

ScottB
05-31-2009, 06:36 PM
Sounds like a line dedicated to professional detailers versus hobbist ??

highline1164
05-31-2009, 07:44 PM
ive used a few of their products before, BC1, BC2, new car glaze etc....they are designed for the professional shop that pumps out high volume work. they arent bad, but far from the greatest. their polishes contain alot of fillers, so if you are looking for a fast and easy polish and arent concerned with what the car will look like a week from now, maybe try it out. if its your own personal stuff or repeat customers, i would advise that you stay away...

SRHTX
05-31-2009, 08:27 PM
ive used a few of their products before, BC1, BC2, new car glaze etc....they are designed for the professional shop that pumps out high volume work. they arent bad, but far from the greatest. their polishes contain alot of fillers, so if you are looking for a fast and easy polish and arent concerned with what the car will look like a week from now, maybe try it out. if its your own personal stuff or repeat customers, i would advise that you stay away...

Well, that is why I'm asking. That is like to only main thing down here that many people and car wash shops use. I know the owner of the authorized Auto Magic distributor down here. He gets ticked at me since I will not buy any of my major stuff from him. Duhl :D He does not know where I get my stuff from, however, he knows I use alot of "German" stuff. Not sure if he has pointed it out to Menzerna polishes or not. he he he

highline1164
05-31-2009, 08:36 PM
I dont know what it is about all Auto Magic distributors but they are all pushy. I tell them that I only use certain products and they always say that they have something just as good for 1/3 the price and it always ends up being some crap that looks good, until you do an alcohol wipe on it then you see all the stuff it was hiding.

SRHTX
05-31-2009, 09:11 PM
:(
I dont know what it is about all Auto Magic distributors but they are all pushy. I tell them that I only use certain products and they always say that they have something just as good for 1/3 the price and it always ends up being some crap that looks good, until you do an alcohol wipe on it then you see all the stuff it was hiding.

LOL..... True that. The guy wants to cell me a Cyclo for $400 vs the low price AG will sell it for. They have everyone down here brain washed, no pun intended on me since I DO HAVE brain damage, that their stuff is the best. If people do not buy from them, then they buy auto stuff from Auto Zone, Pep Boys and all the other same kinda shops.

I tell you what, the Rio Grande Valley is in their own lil world. They are about 15 years behind Houston. ugh. I miss not being back in west Houston.

killrflake
05-31-2009, 10:37 PM
I've used Auto Magic products years ago and agree with Killrwheels, they are aimed at shops doing a lot of fast car prep with an eye on cost over quality of outcome. Since I discovered Autogeek, the owner of the Auto Magic shop doesn't see me unless he's looking out his front window when I drive past.

BenzDetailer
06-01-2009, 08:53 AM
I use to use their chemicals when I was doing lot washes of 100 plus cars. Bought the one step detailers and wash products in 55 gallon drums. Quality was good. Then car dealers wanted just there front line done and at a higher level so I had the boys pick up higher end products. I once cleaned over 700 cars with a 55G so the price was very favorable per unit. Now there are so few cars on the lots it is hardly a viable business model anymore.

slickooz
01-04-2011, 10:12 PM
I never used it but I have seen it at this detailing store that was close to my house. But I have real that Auto Magic was cheaper product used for dealerships and big lots detailers.

C. Charles Hahn
01-04-2011, 11:31 PM
Auto Magic does make some nice products, but a lot of it is cheap crap for volume "detailers" and car dealers.

Shawn T.
01-05-2011, 12:59 PM
I've used their E-Z Suds and Wash and Wax. Not very good IMHO.

Their clay isn't bad though.

C. Charles Hahn
01-05-2011, 01:58 PM
Their clay isn't bad though.

Which is probably because they have a lock on the market. Clay Magic is an Auto Magic brand, and they actually produce all of the clay sold in the US, regardless of who distributes it (Auto Magic owns all of the patents that currently exist for clay). :dblthumb2:

david79z28
01-05-2011, 07:09 PM
I have a local dealer also. But they carry Meguairs products also so, that is what I buy. I stay with what has worked for me!!

Shawn T.
01-05-2011, 07:24 PM
Which is probably because they have a lock on the market. Clay Magic is an Auto Magic brand, and they actually produce all of the clay sold in the US, regardless of who distributes it (Auto Magic owns all of the patents that currently exist for clay). :dblthumb2:

I know that. There is a difference in texture though between their blue clay and Mothers or Meguiars. Or at least IMO there is.