PDA

View Full Version : Looking at Powerfinish or equivalent

nrengle
05-31-2009, 01:13 PM
I'm gonna do a detail on a 89 Vette original paint, doesn't appear to have ever been touched with a polish in it's life, just lots and lots of cleaner waxes (I've yelled at my old man too many times now about this). I already have 106FA, the Wolfgang twins, and some XMT 4 (freebie). I'm wondering if Powerfinish will be enough to do some of the deeper swirls on this old single stage black. I've been itching to try this product, but not sure this is the project for it. What's your guys take on it, is Powerfinish tough enough to handle moderate swirls with a rotary and orange pad? If not can anyone recommend something else. I'm not sure I want to go with M105 yet, as I'm not a big fan of Meg's products. Maybe Optimum Compound would be a better choice, then finished with 106FA?

sal329
05-31-2009, 02:30 PM
Sticking in the Menz line up I would try SIP if you need more cut you I would with go Powergloss. But you should really look into 105 it is a great performer.

Rsurfer
05-31-2009, 03:54 PM
Sticking in the Menz line up I would try SIP if you need more cut you I would with go Powergloss. But you should really look into 105 it is a great performer.
:iagree:If you stay with the Menz line, then get 85rd to finish off the 106.

ScottB
05-31-2009, 04:01 PM
Wolfgang TSR 3.0 is equivalent to Menzerna SIP which is similar in cut to Powerfinish. If you need more, move to Powergloss which is a compound.

nrengle
05-31-2009, 10:07 PM
Ok, guys thanks. I always thought TSR was more equivalent to IP not SIP. I'll hit it with that first and maybe pick up some 85RD instead...

I've done quite a few corrections, but just haven't done 20 year old SS black, so wasn't sure how to approach. You Vette guys will like the pics whenever I get to do this (I just might have bought a house about a hour ago!), may take a few weeks!

ScottB
06-01-2009, 05:25 PM
From what I have been told on more than one occasion, the abrasives used in Wolfgang Polishes 3.0 are indeed the same as used in the Menzerna Ceramiclear polishes.