PDA

View Full Version : Ultima Elastrofoam Paint Cleaning System?

CharlesW
05-31-2009, 08:21 AM
This product has been around for a couple of years with not a lot of discussion.
After a search, I have found:
1. That it doesn't mar
2. That it does mar
3. Regular clay is much better
4. The Elastrofoam is much better than regular clay
5. It is too expensive
6. It can be used many times and is a good value
7. It should only be used if you plan on polishing ater using it
8. It can be used any place/time you would use regular clay
:confused:
Now that I have all this information, how about some up to date comments from actual users of this specific product?

ScottB
05-31-2009, 08:33 AM
not to knock the product, but I like the tactile feeling of clay itself and how it responds when finish is less than perfect. Did not find the same results using these foam blocks.

CharlesW
05-31-2009, 08:53 AM
not to knock the product, but I like the tactile feeling of clay itself and how it responds when finish is less than perfect. Did not find the same results using these foam blocks.
This is one of the reasons for my confusion.
You didn't care for the feel and I respect that opinion, but......
How about this comment from another user.
"I could seriously feel how rough the paint was through the sponge, and then when it was done because the sponge felt as if it was going over a smooth surface. It wasn't the regular 'listen then feel with hand' that you get with clay. You can tell with just the sponge."
He was using the Hi-Tech sponge, but I wouldn't be at all surprised if it was the same product under a different name.

Granted, the way for me to know is to just buy it and try it. :)
Two problems with that.
1. It ain't cheap
2. I would be absolutely furious, (at myself), if it marred my paint.

Since the information I read in the search was about 50% or better that it would mar, I think those odds might be enough to keep me away from it.