PDA

View Full Version : Sealer wait time

Bubbabuff
05-30-2009, 06:36 PM
So some say to wait 12hrs for a sealer to "cure", My question is when you guys detail do you ask the customer to bring back their vehicle then put on a LSP. Or skip the sealer and just wax after polish. I personally found no difference with a sealer. I beleive it depends on the last product and how durable it is.

loudog2
05-30-2009, 06:39 PM
I usually do one or the other. Unless I'm doing friends or family and I have the car till the next day.

sal329
05-30-2009, 09:23 PM
FK 1000p, Danse Sealant and Wet Obsession sealant can all be layered or topped right after it is buffed off

CharlesW
05-30-2009, 10:17 PM
So some say to wait 12hrs for a sealer to "cure", My question is when you guys detail do you ask the customer to bring back their vehicle then put on a LSP. Or skip the sealer and just wax after polish. I personally found no difference with a sealer. I beleive it depends on the last product and how durable it is.If by "sealer" you are referring to a sealant, a sealant is a last step product.
There is no reason to have a customer come back to apply something more.
Sealants I have used that look great by themselves include Optimum Opti-Seal, Duragloss #105, Four Star UPP. I'm sure many others would as well.
I know many people are into the "topping" of a sealant, but it certainly isn't something you have to do.