PDA

View Full Version : QD recommendation

Pages : [1] 2 3

bruin420
05-30-2009, 05:34 PM
Hello all...

Need a QD recommendation for a black benz. I just finished polisheding with Menzerna Ceramic Duo, PB Black Hole Glaze, WG DGPS and Souveran topper...looks incredible.

Now wondering what QD I should use to keep it looking clean? Also, how often do I reapply the Souveran and do I do it directly after a wash or just QD?

Thanks for all your help on the threads as I read them and followed recommendations for products and can't believe how great the paint looks....afraid to pull it out of the garage!!!

AeroCleanse
05-30-2009, 06:17 PM
I use Optimum No Rinse at wash dilution for my QD

loudog2
05-30-2009, 06:41 PM
2 great QD's for souveran are chemical guys synthetic QD and FK425. Both are anti-static. You could also use crystal mist for souveran. It is made to keep souveran lasting longer.

I usually re-apply wax to my car every 2-3 weeks.

Rsurfer
05-30-2009, 07:15 PM
In between waxing, I would use Souveran spray wax, unless you enjoy waxing every 2-3 weeks.

ScottB
05-30-2009, 08:02 PM
Several options exist from Optimum, Pinnacle, Four Star, and even Wolfgang. All work well and offer ease of use too.

loudog2
05-30-2009, 08:20 PM
In between waxing, I would use Souveran spray wax, unless you enjoy waxing every 2-3 weeks.
I like waxing my car. With the wipe-on-wipe-off products like fuzion, souveran, P21S 100% and etc. It only takes about 30-40 minutes. Now with RBOE, that's antoher story. I want that to last a good month.

Blackthorn One
05-30-2009, 08:43 PM
I like Griot's Garage Speed Shine.

SATracker
05-30-2009, 09:19 PM
I've used Wolfgang- nice, Optimum- very nice, Surf City- very nice. I also bought some Mothers and Meguiars- they're okay, but for me, Optimum & Surf City are my top two. BUT, my cars are not black. Red Civic, Silver Civic, Dk Gray Scion TC, Maroon Chev Tracker.

agpatel
05-30-2009, 09:25 PM
DoDo Juice Red Mist is great as well, just tried it the other day.

dan45hk
05-30-2009, 09:42 PM
1Z Einszett Detail Spray, an excellent QD with protective properties.

CharlesAFerg
05-30-2009, 10:50 PM
I use Optimum No Rinse at wash dilution for my QD

I highly recommend this option. Silicone free, that's my major requirement, and it works great.

bruin420
05-30-2009, 10:58 PM
Thanks for all the help.....Now I know some of you really like ONR instead of washing...Do you think that it would be better to just do an ONR instead of QD? Can you get the ONR done pretty quickly?

Also, if I decide to do ONR, would it be good to do a spray wax after to maintain or just reapply souveran every couple weeks or so?

Again thanks for all the help

orionz06
05-30-2009, 11:36 PM
poorboys QD+ amazed me again today after digging it out... (over fuzion)

CharlesAFerg
05-30-2009, 11:55 PM
Thanks for all the help.....Now I know some of you really like ONR instead of washing...Do you think that it would be better to just do an ONR instead of QD? Can you get the ONR done pretty quickly?

Also, if I decide to do ONR, would it be good to do a spray wax after to maintain or just reapply souveran every couple weeks or so?

Again thanks for all the help

No, use the ONR as the quick detailer using a different dilution ratio.

Also, no, I just use ONR + P21S bodywork conditioning shampoo because of ONR's water softening ability. Great combination.

Dsoto87
05-31-2009, 12:42 AM
I personally would ONR the car instead of QDing it. I have completely cut out QDing my car EXCEPT if its right right after a wash for gloss or to get a bird bomb off.

There's just too much room for marring to occur. Keep in mind, my car is a DD that is not kept in a garage so more than just dust accumulates over the course of a day.

QDing a car used to take me quite a while since I wanted to be extra careful. It was probably in the 20-30 minute range. Now a thorough ONR wash will take me about 50 minutes at the most but usually about 35-40 minutes. This includes tires, wheels wells, windows in and out. When I QDed it was only the paint and exterior glass.

As you can see it will take slightly longer to ONR wash it but I believe the benefits of it far out weight the downside of taking slightly longer.

Its more thorough, and there's far less chance of marring.

I just let my car get a little dirty until I can ONR it again.

If I want to add gloss after a wash and I'm using a nuba as an lsp ill hit it with some OCW. If its a sealant ill use either FK425 or OID. Hope that helps.