PDA

View Full Version : Riddle me this....

corolla619
05-30-2009, 01:09 AM
So i recently made a thread about the cobra shamrock mf's linting out of control. I contacted Dwayne and right away he sent me new mf's and even granted my wish to try the cobra supreme shine mf's that say "no linting" on the page description. (Awesome customer service. Made me appreciate AG that much more). So to be on the safe side, when they arrived i took 3 of the six and boiled them. then ran them through a rinse in the wash....just a rinse. Then threw them in the dryer on fluff(no heat). These towels are also linting, not as bad as the cobras but they are linting.

What am i doing wrong uggh.

Or am i just having bad luck? I am trying to steer away from otc mf's but they seem to be the only ones that have never linted.

And if you have preferences on mf's that have worked for you with no linting then please send me in that direction. I do alot of quick detailing so basically that is the type of towel i am aiming for.

Thanks in advance.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-30-2009, 01:15 AM
I prefer the Pakshak towels and have never had a linting problem with them. I would have washed them microrestore first and then tried them. If that didn't work I would move on to a different brand of towels. I also tried all AG's towels and they are probably the one and only thing that has disappointed me.

corolla619
05-30-2009, 01:19 AM
^^^^asphalt, what mf's do you recommend from pakshak for quick detailing and buffing off waxes?
which ones did you not have linting problems with? thanks again.

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-30-2009, 01:35 AM
^^^^asphalt, what mf's do you recommend from pakshak for quick detailing and buffing off waxes?
which ones did you not have linting problems with? thanks again.

I use their Ultrplush and waffle weave towels and had zero linting. Some of my Ultraplush towels are over 5 years old and still do not lint.

corolla619
05-30-2009, 01:36 AM
I use their Ultrplush and waffle weave towels and had zero linting. Some of my Ultraplush towels are over 5 years old and still do not lint.

thank you for your help.hopefully with some luck i can find them.

asphalt, are these the ones your talking about?

ASPHALT ROCKET
05-30-2009, 01:38 AM
You should have no problem finding them, just go to their site. I use those and their regular waffle weaves.

ScottB
05-30-2009, 06:20 AM
As a MF nut ... I usually end up back with Cobra's and occassionally Pakshak towels. I have noticed no appreciable lint. You would also be surprised to find the actual manufacturer of towels, alot are the same companies just purchasing in bulk with different colors and edges. These two companies offer great warranties (as youve noted) and to date have exceeded every expectation.

Please remember no links to competitors sites or products !

corolla619
05-30-2009, 08:02 PM
As a MF nut ... I usually end up back with Cobra's and occassionally Pakshak towels. I have noticed no appreciable lint. You would also be surprised to find the actual manufacturer of towels, alot are the same companies just purchasing in bulk with different colors and edges. These two companies offer great warranties (as youve noted) and to date have exceeded every expectation.

Please remember no links to competitors sites or products !

sorry about the link killr. maybe i'm doing something wrong with my mf's? but right out of the box they linted. i think the cobra supreme shine mf's are gonna work out great. they do lint but it's just a little.

Maybe a few more washes? anyone have a secret or two to stop the linting process?

The only way i notice the lint is with a hologen lamp pointed straight down the side of my vehicle and myself almost right up on the side panel looking down the side. In direct sunlight you see nothing. Maybe i'm being a little anal? but when i detail my car or others i shoot for 100% or close to perfection.

As stated, Dwayne was awesome and customer servicelike this is hard to find these days. Getting ready to place a huge huge order and the service i received sure makes it easier.

dan45hk
05-30-2009, 09:31 PM
Cobras lint for me, its really a pain when you use them on glass as those tiny pieces are hard to get off. I also have some towels from Pakshak and never noticed any linting.

Dsoto87
05-31-2009, 12:50 AM
Some of my cobras lint unfortunately. Kind of sucks to find this out when you've completely polished a car and wipe it down only to find a lint trail.

The one set of towels I do have that have NEVER linted at all are my ## 550s. The blue with black borders. I have probably 20 of them and absolutely love them. Plush enough for QD but not so plush they won't remove wax/polish residue. Not one of mine has ever linted and they've been through many washes