PDA

View Full Version : LSP application method

PowerstrokeFord
05-29-2009, 01:51 AM
Today I was browsing around the Zaino site and came across their tips and tricks section. They talk about acheiving a higher level of optical light refraction and reflectivety by On all Top surfaces of vehicle, use a back and forth motion (from front bumper towards windshield). On all Side surfaces (doors, fenders, etc.) use a vertical motion, up and down. This technique will increase the way light attracts and reflects off the finish. I had never heard of this before and was just wondering what if any truth there was to it and if so why?

Matt
05-29-2009, 04:56 AM
I'm sure I've heard this somewhere too (may have even been the Zaino website haha) but I'm not sure if there is any truth to it.

A4 1.8tqm
05-29-2009, 05:14 AM
I use a similar method. With most hand applied products and even washing, almost every stroke goes in the direction of air flow while driving or "with the wind". My reasoning behind this is to minimize swirls, which at least part of each swirl, is visible at nearly any angle. If all the inevitable little scratches are in a uniform and consistent direction there will be fewer viewing angles that they are visible. Hopefully no scratches are introduced anyway. :D

If anything, I think consistency is the point their trying to get across.

Their claim of optimum light refraction, just like my post is, of course IMO

Emile
05-29-2009, 07:23 AM
I just make sure to apply my LSP's in straight-line motions (no circles!!). If there is anything to be gained by applying exactly the method that Zaino states, you can pretty much guarantee that you won't see any difference with your own two eyes.