PDA

View Full Version : mercedes red slk 350

gto19
05-28-2009, 09:57 AM
i know you guys are helping me through the learning process .thanks

heres what i got a newer red slk 350 in nice condition.im gonna make a order and buy some new products today through auto geek . what should i buy for this cars paint?i have a pc7424 also.i want to buy stuff i can use on other cars and is straight forward to use.i was gonna start by washing, claying,then polishing with what?alls i know mercedes uses a harder clear coat.

thanks

Eliran
05-28-2009, 10:41 AM
I got an Obsidian Black SLK too and in case you got some light to moderate swirls and scratches Menzerna SIP and 106FA is a really good choice and you cant go wrong with menzerna.
In case you really want a superior finish follow up with Menzerna 85rd with Blue pad.

TheDodgeGuy
05-28-2009, 12:27 PM
Wolfgang is also a great option for you. Products are simple, straight forward, and easy to use, and your red sled will look killer. After wash and clay use Total Swirl Remover, then Finishing glaze 3.0, wrap it up with Deep Gloss sealant. If you have some extra change get some Fuzion to polish it off, you will love it. Good luck, and share some pics when you finish.

gto19
06-04-2009, 11:11 AM
well here is the car i detailed .it came out very nice but i know i can still do alot better on the paint.i used the sip with the pc7424 and some 6.5 meguires 8006 pads .i know now the pads were to big to do total paint correction.when you guys use the pc does the paint get warm to your touch?and also look at my pad ,what happened ?old, press to hard?i did notice on some scratches the sip would remove them but with alot of firm pressure .i will try smaller pads 5.5 lc white pads next time.

thanks

washed
clayed
sip
85rd
caranuba wax by hand

Emile
06-04-2009, 11:59 AM
Awesome job! The car came out looking spectacular. After working one 2x2 area, the paint should feel warm to the touch. That is from the pad rubbing against the paint and is nothing to worry about when using the Porter Cable. When using a high-rpm rotary machine, heat can become an issue, but the Porter Cable does not work fast enough to cause any damage from heat.

gto19
06-04-2009, 12:21 PM
thanks

why is my pad ripping?like in the pic