PDA

View Full Version : Is there a superior alternative to Klasse SG ???

KenSekiguchi
05-27-2009, 04:12 PM
Considering that Klasse SG has been on the market for a while and with product technology evolving over time, is there a product out there that outperforms Klasse SG? Just wanting to get everyone's opinion on this. Thanks.

ScottB
05-27-2009, 04:42 PM
Outperform ?? In what manner ??

KSG was rumored to originally have been designed by Carlack and an older formula. Used as a two step (AIO/SG) it is still quite the bulletproof combo and lasts for months with even the most basic of care.

I do find KSG finicky, but easily handled with the WOWO method while using a small spray bottle. I do find it a bit sterile and plastic looking, however any number of detail sprays or spray waxes add gloss and look immediately.

If you dont need the durability, and looking for something that is super slick and glossy try Four Star UPP ... add the Spray Wax as a booster for months of protection and good looks. Super easy to use too, its truly a hidden gem in car care but a pure sealant offering no polishing and no cleaners so proper prep is needed.

KenSekiguchi
05-27-2009, 05:14 PM
By outperform, I meant the product's "bulletproofness" (longevity and durability of the product over x month's time). The only reason I asked what I asked is that I heard the Danase WG and UPGP offers a higher level of protection over a longer perod of time compared to the Klasse AIO/SG combo. This was briefly brought up in the Car Care & Detailing forum on NASIOC and I would like to know if there is any truth to it. Thanks.

ScottB
05-27-2009, 07:00 PM
Durability (length of protection) is very subjective on the end user, environment, and prep before LSP. Level of protection has never been fully developed or tested IMO and most sealants preform amirably as do waxes but each with their own unique traits.

For longevity the Klasse Twins, Zaino, and Collonite are often given alot of support from their users. Since most of us never get to the "fall off" point of any wax or sealant its a toss up, as usually a new bottle of this or that shows up or on the shelve and we are drawn to it far before the demise of the previous coating.

spamlova
05-28-2009, 01:19 AM
Z2 or collinite

Larry A
05-28-2009, 08:57 AM
Add Duragloss #105 to the list.

nitro78
05-28-2009, 10:49 AM
Add Duragloss #105 to the list.

agreed. i put one coat 105 and one coat 111 on the mother in laws vehicle :rolleyes: and its still holding up after 10 months.

ANDYS87
06-04-2009, 07:58 AM
How does the Wolfgang 3.0 sealant rank among these? It's a lot more user friendly than Klasse(easy on/off - no streaking)....but durability-wise I don't know. I've only used Klasse once and didn't like how hard it is to get right...it streaked like a mother for me. The Wolfgang was a pleasure to use compared to the "twins'!

Matt S.
06-04-2009, 10:57 AM
Wolfgang lasts almost as long as SG. The newer 3.0 formula is surprisingly durable for such a good looking, easy-to-use sealant.

maxisiri
06-04-2009, 05:45 PM
Outperform ?? In what manner ??

KSG was rumored to originally have been designed by Carlack and an older formula. Used as a two step (AIO/SG) it is still quite the bulletproof combo and lasts for months with even the most basic of care.

I do find KSG finicky, but easily handled with the WOWO method while using a small spray bottle. I do find it a bit sterile and plastic looking, however any number of detail sprays or spray waxes add gloss and look immediately.

If you dont need the durability, and looking for something that is super slick and glossy try Four Star UPP ... add the Spray Wax as a booster for months of protection and good looks. Super easy to use too, its truly a hidden gem in car care but a pure sealant offering no polishing and no cleaners so proper prep is needed.

I am sorry but whatīs WOWO method you refer? I want to know how is the best way to apply KSG and always this term appears and donīt know how it is...sorry, but spanish is my mother tongue and is hard to follow you...Thanks in advance!

ScottB
06-04-2009, 05:59 PM
WOWO- wipe on, wipe off immediately (like Pinnacle Waxes)

Transfer some Klasse SG to a small travel size spray bottle (get at WalMart). Spritz each panel and immediately buff in, flip towel and buff off. Allow 24 hours to fully cure. If you hit a stubborn area, re-spritz and immediately buff till gone.

Emile
06-16-2009, 07:36 PM
Yes.

Optimum Poli-Seal. Polishes and seals in one step, needs no cure time, and works on paint, glass, chrome, and plastic. It's also almost WOWO.

Poorboy's Polish w/Sealant. Polishes and seals in one step. Works on paint, glass, chrome, and plastic. Needs 1 hour to cure.

Zaino Z-AIO. Polishes and seals in one step. Works on paint, glass, chrome, and plastic. Needs no cure time when topped with another Zaino product, or when applied with Z-FX. Needs 24 hour cure time if applied and buffed off with no following products, or if a following product is not Zaino.

There are others out there. I personally feel that Klasse AIO and Klasse SG are garbage products and were good in the 1800's or whenever they first came out. Newer technologies and newer products have allowed for much better options, several at lower pricing as well.