PDA

View Full Version : mixing sealents???

drastic_detail
05-27-2009, 11:32 AM
I was woundering if anyone has done this or if it can even be done? Let's say UPP and WG DGPS do you think there would be any benefits?

r0ckstrWS6
05-27-2009, 12:45 PM
I have never mixed sealants... just layered the same one. ( wg dgps x2)

wouldn't there be some bonding issues with certain sealants anyways??

dublifecrisis
05-27-2009, 12:48 PM
I've mixed an ounce of opti-seal with a full bottle of poli-seal before. So basically you have the great cleaning AIO of regular poli-seal with an amped up sealant. I noticed the difference immediately.

CharlesW
05-27-2009, 02:03 PM
I've mixed an ounce of opti-seal with a full bottle of poli-seal before. So basically you have the great cleaning AIO of regular poli-seal with an amped up sealant. I noticed the difference immediately.I have done the same thing on the recommendation of Dr. G.

I was woundering if anyone has done this or if it can even be done? Let's say UPP and WG DGPS do you think there would be any benefits?
I don't think I would mix products from two different manufacturers. I doubt that either company will suggest doing it. :)
I personally don't see any benefit and it seems like it could be a good way to ruin both products.
If you really want to try it, put a little of each in a small travel bottle from Wal*Mart and you will only mess up a few ounces of product if it doesn't work.
If the mixture is to your liking, you can always mix up more.

agpatel
05-27-2009, 02:13 PM
I think if they are from the same company you may be fine, two different you may not be. But why not just mix up a few mLs and see how it works, you wont loose much product if it does not work. Overall I think mixing sealants is not the same as mixing nuba's for a "mixed" output of thet two in most cases.

ScottB
05-27-2009, 04:46 PM
Not a mixer ... but always like to see others test the waters. Wolfgang UPP sounds like a keeper for 'sure.

dlt21
05-28-2009, 10:24 AM
Please advise better to put two layers DGPS or one layer + Fuzion or Soverign. What are advantages of both routes??

Emile
05-28-2009, 01:45 PM
I like to let the manufacturers be the chemists.

A4 1.8tqm
05-28-2009, 01:54 PM
Sounds like fun, I'm going to mix a small amount of Klasse SG and DGPS and test on my Pops old Toyota instead of the original layering plan. Topped with Souveran it can't look bad.

sal329
05-28-2009, 03:12 PM
Try it and report back with your findings

RaskyR1
05-28-2009, 03:30 PM
I leave the mixing up the the chemists as they actually know what they are doing. :D