PDA

View Full Version : PRESTO! Instant Scratch and Scuff Treatment

William's_Detail
09-04-2006, 08:56 AM
Has anyone ever tried this product ? I just bought a bottle from eBay to try out. I will be posting later to let you all know how well it works. Here's what the ad says:

Whether from keys, car washes or road debris you have scratches in the clear coat of your car. The usual ways to take care of these scratches has been polishing or rubbing out the scratch. This wears away the clear coat around the scratch, further reducing your paint's protection. Eventually it is possible to rub away the clear coat exposing the color coat. Using a wax on severe scratches or scuffs leaves a white residue in the damage making the problem worse.
Rather than wear away the clear coat, PRESTO! Instant Scratch and Scuff Treatment is an advanced polymer that partially fills and removes the whiteness of the clear coat damage. You'll only have to reapply if you have another scratch or scuff.

PRESTO!™ PRO puts the clear coat where you need it:
in the scratch groove. No more sanding & buffing!

justin_murphy
09-04-2006, 09:14 AM
Never used it or heard of it.
Be sure to take pics and do a mini review for us.
Hey.....you never know!

Let us know man.

ScottB
09-04-2006, 10:58 AM
Has anyone ever tried this product ? I just bought a bottle from eBay to try out. I will be posting later to let you all know how well it works. Here's what the ad says:

Whether from keys, car washes or road debris you have scratches in the clear coat of your car. The usual ways to take care of these scratches has been polishing or rubbing out the scratch. This wears away the clear coat around the scratch, further reducing your paint's protection. Eventually it is possible to rub away the clear coat exposing the color coat. Using a wax on severe scratches or scuffs leaves a white residue in the damage making the problem worse.
Rather than wear away the clear coat, PRESTO! Instant Scratch and Scuff Treatment is an advanced polymer that partially fills and removes the whiteness of the clear coat damage. You'll only have to reapply if you have another scratch or scuff.

PRESTO!™ PRO puts the clear coat where you need it:
in the scratch groove. No more sanding & buffing!

By definition it is a paint sealant, just like more than a dozen. They may temporarily hide these swirls (with fillers) but will not remove them and product is not permanent.

I remember a product in the 90's that was a permanent acrylic type sealant that you applied and it guaranteed to look, feel, and act like clearcoat. It never worked, and to my knowledge the closest product to date that "might" work is the new Scratch Resistant Clearcoat Nissan plans to bring to market, and they offer it will only last 5 year span currently. It somewhat has the ability with heat to reseal or repair itself.