PDA

View Full Version : Looking for the best engine degreaser

Pages : [1] 2

id-type-s
05-26-2009, 10:14 PM
I've got a motor sitting on my engine stand and I want to make her look like new. I have tried simple green and it works...ok

I am looking/wanting a stronger product that you have used. Any insight (with pixs) would be great.

Thanx guys.

TheDodgeGuy
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM
DP Engine Degreaser keeps my Hemi looking sharp.

SATracker
05-26-2009, 10:25 PM
A while back I bought some degreaser at a local auto parts store & it was all right. I ordered some DP degreaser from AutoGeek and WOW! I'll post some pics tomorrow of my engine. Did my daughter's car (and she's out of town right now), sorry no before and after, but I was MORE than pleased with the results.

AeroCleanse
05-26-2009, 10:28 PM
Meguiars Super Degreaser

id-type-s
05-26-2009, 10:35 PM
A while back I bought some degreaser at a local auto parts store & it was all right. I ordered some DP degreaser from AutoGeek and WOW! I'll post some pics tomorrow of my engine. Did my daughter's car (and she's out of town right now), sorry no before and after, but I was MORE than pleased with the results.

Meguiars Super Degreaser

Thanx for the quick replys

I am deff thinking about trying the DP degreaser, but I hope it can handle the dirty block.

Thanx again for the info guys!

TheDodgeGuy
05-26-2009, 11:23 PM
Thanx for the quick replys

I am deff thinking about trying the DP degreaser, but I hope it can handle the dirty block.

Thanx again for the info guys!

A power washer goes a long way on a filthy block, good luck!

sr20det
05-26-2009, 11:33 PM
Just be sure to use a product safe for aluminum. Once I used Castrol Super Clean on bare aluminum.. ooops! Good thing it was on something of mine.

I try to use the pressure washer as much as possible, then use degreaser or Total Auto Wash and various brushes to get rid of the stubborn grease/grime.

redboost10
05-27-2009, 12:05 AM
why not have it hot tanked?

id-type-s
05-27-2009, 12:36 AM
Dont have that much time or $$$$

HMFIC
05-27-2009, 01:55 AM
A good Engine degreaser, agitate well and then rinse with pressure cleaner.

Since its all accessible why not get a mothers power ball and some metal polish. I have used the WG Metal Werks compound and it works well with power ball on aluminum(they were wheels tho).

SpotlessDetail
05-27-2009, 05:17 AM
Go to the parts store and buy a can of Gunk Engine Brite. This stuff is the best stuff in the world. If you dont like it I'll send you the $6.00. I've built many trucks, cars, and quads and nothing will beat it! Good luck.

id-type-s
05-27-2009, 10:49 AM
$6.00? why not, I'll try it.

Thanx

PerroneFord
05-27-2009, 11:23 AM
I've used that Gunk stuff in the past. Yea, it works well but environmentally friendly it is NOT. In fact, don't use it over asphalt (says so right on the can). Not sure how I feel about using something on my engine/hoses/belts that will soften and chip asphalt...

Al-53
05-27-2009, 11:38 AM
Most engine degreasers are nothing more than kerosene....

I use kerosene or Diesel to wash down outboards..Motorcyle engines ..my ATV...and just agitate it with a parts brush...then spray with a APC to wash the kerosene off and presto..looks like new..but do not use on asphalt since it does soften the tar...that's why it disolves grease so good....

also good for tar removal on paint..it is paint safe....thats why road crews wipe down trucks and equipment with it it cuts tar and grease fast

Al

gofastman
05-27-2009, 10:03 PM
PPC Crud Remover, its like Castol Super Clean on crack! Its the most powerfull cleaner I have ever used. It has sodium hydroxide in it so it must be good :righton: