PDA

View Full Version : Detail Challange

outlander
05-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Hi Guys! Want some info. My neighbor wants me to detail her car. It is silver in color. She is not particular at all. I took a look at it. Can't tell what I;am getting into. But anyway my plan of attack is wash, then clay. I need some advice on a 1 step product that will remove some oxidation, swirls, etc. I h
ave a pc with orange and white pads. Any suggestionsFeed back please will be appreciated. Also I'am new to detatiling but she always see me detailing my 3 black cars!

Harleyguy
05-26-2009, 07:20 PM
Look into the klasse AIO Also there sealant

markwatson157
05-26-2009, 07:23 PM
It has been my experience with one step products that none eliminate problems, only hide them. In order are the strongest in my opinion as for cleaning and shining the paint. 1. Duragloss 501 2. optimum poli-seal, 3. xmt 360. I hope that this helps.

CharlesW
05-26-2009, 07:34 PM
As far as one step products, the DG 501 and Poli-Seal have both worked good for me. Haven't used the XMT.
Klasse AIO is a great cleaner, but I didn't feel the protection was all that great. It will remove oxidation, but doesn't do much for marring.

One thing that I can't stress too much. Do a good job on the windows both inside and out. That seems to be an area that people notice even more than the paint.

Tesla
05-26-2009, 08:09 PM
Meguiars D151.

Harleyguy
05-26-2009, 08:10 PM
May also try Megs 86 with there Diamond cut pads

Emile
05-26-2009, 09:10 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal all the way. Fast working time, true abrasive polishing, and leaves a durable sealant behind. Oh, and it's cheap and easy to buff off!

Top it off with Optimum Car Wax and you will have one happy neighbor. :D

AeroCleanse
05-26-2009, 10:26 PM
Meguiars D151.

:cheers::goodpost:

trlblazer3
05-26-2009, 10:54 PM
Optimum Poli-Seal all the way. Fast working time, true abrasive polishing, and leaves a durable sealant behind. Oh, and it's cheap and easy to buff off!

Top it off with Optimum Car Wax and you will have one happy neighbor. :D

Agreed. Poli-Seal for me too! My go-to for my one step details. I would use your white pad in lieu of orange -PS is a very mild abrasive AIO and the white will give you a glossier finished product. Heavier marring won't be touched without doing a multi-step correction, even with using an orange pad.

PerroneFord
05-26-2009, 11:12 PM
Agreed. Poli-Seal for me too! My go-to for my one step details. I would use your white pad in lieu of orange -PS is a very mild abrasive AIO and the white will give you a glossier finished product. Heavier marring won't be touched without doing a multi-step correction, even with using an orange pad.

Agreed. I used Poli-Seal on my GF's silver Rav4 and was absolutely thrilled with the outcome. Doesn't do much in the way of correction, but does a lot in terms of gloss and looks.

http://i666.photobucket.com/albums/vv28/perroneford/silver_reflection.jpg

BarryK
05-27-2009, 05:26 AM
Meguiars D151.

:iagree: works very well for a one-step product!

I use the D151 with my Flex 3401 and usually with the white LC CCS pad.
The cut power is the same as the Megs 205 polish for minor swirls, etc plus of course you have the wax already in it.

Meghan
05-27-2009, 07:40 AM
You said she had oxidation... not sure just using a one step is going to seal the deal. I would hit the car with something like Wolfgang Total Swirl then go over with your LSP. Nice thing with Total Swirl is you can use it with an orange cutting pad to cut that oxidation then follow up with a pass on the white pad. When I hear oxidation, just makes me think a little more work then a one step, but let us know how you tackle it and show us the pictures when you are done.