PDA

View Full Version : First Detail Done - Success

jimlenz
05-25-2009, 04:34 PM
I did my first detail today on my 09 Acura TL. Thanks to everyone here I got great products and great advice.

I washed, clayed(clay magic blue), sip and nano on white with flex 3401 and then 1 coat of souveran wax. My black car looks great.

I do have a couple of questions.

1. How often do i go through this whole process? I am assuming polishing twice per year? Same for claying the car?
2. Based on the wax, I would say that is done 3 to 4 times per year?
3. What can I use to get the polish, wax off of my black rubber molding. I taped real good but still got some on there.
4. When I go back to wax, since I wont be polishing I need something prior to putting a coat of wax on? I bought some pinnacle paint works cleansing lotion. Would I put this on and then the souveran wax?
5. Finally, in between waxes, I bought some optima spray wax. Is this good to put on after every wash?

Thanks again for all your help and the answers to these questions.

Jim

Blackthorn One
05-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Souveran only lasts a month at the most. You would be waxing every couple weeks, or about 25 times per year with Souveran. You should think about laying down a coat or two of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant before Souveran. Clay whenever the paint feels rough. There is no set time.

Rsurfer
05-25-2009, 05:07 PM
I agree on WDGPS first and then Souveran. If your car is garaged and you wash once a week, Souveran will last a good 4-6 weeks. A spray wax after every wash will help a lot for durability. Try peanut butter to remove the wax residue and then use Gummi Pflege to protect your rubber moldings.

loudog2
05-25-2009, 05:26 PM
Pick up some pinnacle crystal mist QD.. It is made to prolong the life of souveran.

Harleyguy
05-25-2009, 07:20 PM
Some Black Wow works wonders also

Rsurfer
05-25-2009, 08:15 PM
Some Black Wow works wonders also
BW on rubber moldings??

jimlenz
05-26-2009, 04:58 PM
I agree on WDGPS first and then Souveran. If your car is garaged and you wash once a week, Souveran will last a good 4-6 weeks. A spray wax after every wash will help a lot for durability. Try peanut butter to remove the wax residue and then use Gummi Pflege to protect your rubber moldings.

I went ahead and ordered WDGPS and will apply that next time. Answer this. After 4 to 6 weeks, is the wax all off or do I need to do something to take the residual off? I did get a spray wax so will use that inbetween waxes. So would I next time use the WDGPS or wait until after I polish next time?

How often should I be doing the entire process, including polishing. I was thinking twice per year?

Thanks

Jim

Rsurfer
05-26-2009, 05:19 PM
Polishing twice a year depends on the condition of your paint and what you want. Some will live with a little marring just to preserve their clear coat. You can either wax over the previous layer or use a paint cleaner (Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion) to remove the wax with no removal of cc. PPCL has some fillers that will hide some marring. I would apply 2 layers of WDGPS waiting 12 hrs. inbetween coats and then top with Souveran 12 hrs. later.

Blackthorn One
05-26-2009, 05:52 PM
As someone said in another thread, you need to wait 45 minutes for the WDGPS.

jimlenz
06-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Polishing twice a year depends on the condition of your paint and what you want. Some will live with a little marring just to preserve their clear coat. You can either wax over the previous layer or use a paint cleaner (Pinnacle Paintwork Cleansing Lotion) to remove the wax with no removal of cc. PPCL has some fillers that will hide some marring. I would apply 2 layers of WDGPS waiting 12 hrs. inbetween coats and then top with Souveran 12 hrs. later.

One final question for you. Next time I am going to wax, I will use the pinnacle paintwork cleansing lotion, then 2 coats of wdgps and then souveran wax. What about the next time I am going to wax in 4 to 6 weeks. do i go through the same process again or do I just wax or what?

Jim

keke1987
06-02-2009, 07:00 PM
just wax