PDA

View Full Version : Review of Dodo Lime Prime Pre-Wax Cleanser

loudog2
05-25-2009, 11:55 AM
This weekend I finally got around to giving the Dodo Lime Prime Pre-Wax Cleanser(w/micro-abrasives) a try. Here are the steps before polishing.

-Cleaned rims with P21 wheel gel using Dayton speed brush
-Washed with Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo
-Dried using the Cobra ultimate guzzler 28x44
-clayed using Clear Kote clay and Chemical Guys synthetic QD as lube
-IPA wipe down
-Taped off car with 3m blue

I tried researching the best way to use the product. But, everything I read was different. I've read to work until it goes clear. But. I've also read to work till it hazes. Working it till it turned clear made it dust. Working it till it hazed(dried) seemed fine. This was about 3 passes on speed 3 with the Flex. My car is garage kept, and only drive on weekends. There are a few fine scratches. I call them purse marks from my girlfriend. I don't know why she can't raise her purse up when walking in-between the cars. Other than that, it is pretty clean.
First attempt was with a blue LC pad using the Flex. I did about 3 passes with the flex It didn't remove the fine scratches fully. I then switched to the LC gray pad. The fine scratches went away. I proceeded to complete the rest of the car with the gray pad, at speed 3 using the flex. After wipe down I examined the car. It was pretty slick and shiny. All the light marks were gone. Here are my next steps.

-Used my Troy built pressure washer to clean any dust or excess Dodo product out of the crevices and gaps.
-Attached my foam cannon using DP Extreme foam shampoo.
-Re-washed using Pinnacle bodyworks shampoo again.
-Dried again with the Cobra ultimate guzzler 28x44
-Applied a coat of Wolfgang Deep Gloss Paint Sealant
-Applied a coat of Wolfgang fuzion
-Dressed tires with Wolfgang black diamond tire gel
-Sprayed it with FK425 QD

I applied the coat of Wolfgang DGPS and waited a hour before removal. !\12 hours later I applied the Wolfgang fuzion. 12 hours after that I sprayed it down with the FK425 and applied tire gel.

Overall I was pleased with the Dodo product. I would buy it again on sale. But, I would rather get a big bottle of 85RD or 106FA for the price. It is good for weekend warriors(cars, not people) that don't need any correction. It did leave the car in perfect shape for a wax application.

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/product-reviews/4226d1243277021-review-dodo-lime-prime-pre-wax-cleanser-resize-004.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/product-reviews/4227d1243277041-review-dodo-lime-prime-pre-wax-cleanser-resize-003.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/product-reviews/4228d1243277050-review-dodo-lime-prime-pre-wax-cleanser-resize-002.jpg

http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/attachments/product-reviews/4229d1243277059-review-dodo-lime-prime-pre-wax-cleanser-resize-001.jpg

loudog2
05-25-2009, 01:59 PM
I forgot to mention the I used Diamondite pure vision glass cleaner on the windows. Also, I used DP plex-all on the clear bra.

ScottB
05-25-2009, 04:27 PM
Nice writeup ... I also forgot the dripping wet good looks that gels like Wolfgang and Pinnacle leave on tires. Kudos !

loudog2
05-25-2009, 04:41 PM
Nice writeup ... I also forgot the dripping wet good looks that gels like Wolfgang and Pinnacle leave on tires. Kudos !
Thanks! Wolfgang black diamond is my favorite tire gel. It looks great, even after a light pat down, like in the picture.

Rsurfer
05-25-2009, 04:56 PM
Nice job and write up, dog!

loudog2
05-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Nice job and write up, dog!
Thank you! I just wish it was sunny for the final photos.

loudog2
05-26-2009, 08:31 PM
Very Nice work and an excellent review and pictures!
Thanks! I wanted before pictures, but the girlfriend took the camera. I guess pictures of her cousins new baby is more important than my car.

Emile
05-29-2009, 07:19 AM
Your girlfriend scratches your car? Time to throw her out and find a new one.

Very nice job on the vehicle. You used some awesome products.

loudog2
05-29-2009, 10:27 AM
Your girlfriend scratches your car? Time to throw her out and find a new one.

Very nice job on the vehicle. You used some awesome products.
She read the review while I was writing it and got defensive. She thinks all of us just bash or wives and girlfriends on here. I just laughed.

Smokin
05-29-2009, 07:19 PM
loudog2 your in trouble now ,no laughing at the women. You'll learn ask us married guys will tell ya. Only joking but it is the truth they have long memories. I know been married 20 years.:D