PDA

View Full Version : my mobile rig

Pages : [1] 2

SpotlessDetail
05-24-2009, 08:14 PM
Hey guys. I'm relatively new to this forum but have been following for quite some time. Just thought I would say hi and see what everyone thinks of my company Spotless Detail LLC.
Visit my website I through together
Home (http://www.spotlessdetail.net)

:buffing:

BenzDetailer
05-24-2009, 08:44 PM
Great set up Tank is Centered with weight distributed between axle and ball.

SpotlessDetail
05-24-2009, 08:49 PM
Thanks! Its a big tank yes 275 gallon to be exact. I never fill it up all the way what you see there is plenty to keep me goin a while. I'm lookin for a smaller tank to make more room. Theres actually a mytee lite carpet extractor and a 1900 watt generator on the right hand side of the tank. Its a cramped little setup but will do for now.

renegademobiledetailing
05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
Looks good! That is a huge tank! I have a few of those in my back yard because we put oil in it that we get from restaurants for bio-diesel.

I have been wondering, is your pressure washer mounted inside your trailer? If so, do you like that or would prefer it to be portable? I have the portable one, to where i can take it out and move around if needed. Anyways look great!:buffing:

SpotlessDetail
05-24-2009, 09:18 PM
Yes it is mounted on the inside bolted to the floor with a 75' hose on a reel. I love it. Its just one less thing to have to take out and put back. I would say the only draw back is the exhaust. Im gona add a roof vent next week and that should take care of it. Ill take some more pics tomorrow of that setup and maybe a few other things. Thanks for your input!

HMFIC
05-25-2009, 01:00 AM
Nice set up. Your truck speaks volume about your work. I see a lot of detail vehicles, around my place of business, that are not even clean for someone who is supposed to be professional.

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 09:06 AM
Thank you for the compliment! It pretty much looks that way all the time. I figure its just good advertising and good car care above all. And I think I know the guys your talking about... The ones who only charge 20-30 bucks for a complete full out detail. Haha yeah if i charged that I would be making somewhere in the ballpark of $5.00 per hour. Thanks again!

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 12:11 PM
Here's some more pics for everyone. Let me know what you think. Feed back please

renegademobiledetailing
05-25-2009, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the pics! Your rig looks sweet. I really like the idea of the crates inside the woold shelves. I just finished up my rig and wish now i would have done something like that.

Where did you get those blue bottle/tool holder things? Those would come in handy to have one on each side of the car so i dont have to keep tossing my tools and chemicals around!

What psi is your pressure washer?

Thanks for the info! Looking good!

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 03:04 PM
I got them at target. They were only like $5 each. I use one for interior and one with exterior chemicals. The washer is adjustable from about 1200-2900 psi. I run it about 2500.

Lets see some pics of yours!

Thanks to everyone

Brandon1
05-25-2009, 07:42 PM
What is that thing on your tank? I am having trouble getting water from my tank to my pressure washer, and yours seems to work.

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 07:54 PM
I'm unsure what you mean by "thing"haha. If you mean that clear plastic thing at the bottom that is just a filter. What is your setup like? (engine, pump, tank elevation in relation to pump inlet,)? Mine works fine as will most cat and general pumps.

Brandon1
05-25-2009, 09:24 PM
Mine is the same tank, with a reducer to regular hose threads with a short hose to my PW. PW is a 1750 PSI northern unit with general pump. I'm having serious trouble getting the pressure washer to pull the water from the tank. This was with the tank in the bed of my truck and the PW on the ground.

SpotlessDetail
05-25-2009, 09:32 PM
Look up the specs on your pump. See what the inlet specs call for as far as pressure. If it says flooded to some number it should work fine. If it gives you a psi value instead of the term "flooded" meaning no pressure at all, you need another pump for such an application. I did alot of research on this and it does get frustrating. Just do some research and hang in there. If you need any more info I'll help all I can.

renegademobiledetailing
05-25-2009, 10:09 PM
That is a sweet pressure washer! I want to find one that i can let it run for a minute or two at a time without harming it. That way i can soap down then rinse, etc and not have to switch it on and off all the time! Know of anything like that? I am suprised that my pressure washer is still holding up! I have had it for over 2 years! Good ole Honda motors.

Here are a few pics of my trailer!:cheers: