PDA

View Full Version : When is Super Finish (PO106FA) kicked?

Emile
05-24-2009, 07:08 PM
Hey,

When working in your 2x2 section with Menzerna PO106FA, when is the polish broken down? I have read that once it starts dusting, the polish is ready to be buffed off. Okay fine, but this happens very quickly, only after just a couple of passes. Does it really work THIS quickly? No more 3-5 minutes of working; it seems like I can do one 2x2 section in less than a minute and quickly move onto the next section.

Also, how much dust are you guys getting? 106FA is supposed to be lower-dusting than 106FF but it still kicks up a snow storm if I keep working it in.

Thanks,
Emile

Wendell Jarvis
05-24-2009, 07:53 PM
106 is designed to get the job done quicker..........

fech
05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
Hey,

When working in your 2x2 section with Menzerna PO106FA, when is the polish broken down? I have read that once it starts dusting, the polish is ready to be buffed off. Okay fine, but this happens very quickly, only after just a couple of passes. Does it really work THIS quickly? No more 3-5 minutes of working; it seems like I can do one 2x2 section in less than a minute and quickly move onto the next section.

Also, how much dust are you guys getting? 106FA is supposed to be lower-dusting than 106FF but it still kicks up a snow storm if I keep working it in.

Thanks,
Emile

I think it also depends on what type of tool you are using. For instance, my PC takes alot longer than my Dewalt.

Emile
05-24-2009, 09:28 PM
I was using my Porter Cable and gray and white pads.

pwcheenie
05-24-2009, 09:40 PM
I have been using Mez 203 the last two days. With trial and error I have found that running a PC on speed 6 or 5 will dry the polish up really quick and create alot of dust. Have better luck and longer working time on speed 4. Virtually eliminated the dust and polishes to a nice shine. :cool:

Emile
05-24-2009, 11:43 PM
Ah, thank you cheenie, that makes more sense. But I do like that I get such a ridiculously fast working time when I run at speed 5.5. I think I can polish the Subaru real fast at that speed if I can just deal with the dust.

HMFIC
05-25-2009, 12:39 AM
Hey,

Thanks,
Emile

Yes it really does work that quick with a rotary. I have never timed it but I think I take between 1.5 and 2 mins. per section.

When I see it getting ready to start dusting(When it becomes completely translucent) I check my work. If I am not happy I will spray a little dist. water and work it till I am satisfied or move on to a more abrasive pad and/or polish.