PDA

View Full Version : Need a little help

Birdhunter
05-24-2009, 05:37 PM
I working on a Mustang Cobra (late 90’s) and it has a lot of swirls and scratches. I have been using a Flex with orange pads and Wolfgang Total Swirl Remover and it is looking good getting about 90-95% correction under the halogen in the garage. The problem is when I pulled it out side in the sun for some 50-50 shots I can still see more swirls and scratches than I can inside. I need to know if this is normal. This is the first red car I have done and the individual who owns this car is probably he best word of mouth advertiser in town and I want the car to look great in the sun too, not just in the garage under the halogens. Any suggestions would be great. Sorry I don’t have pics I hade to leave for work and did not have time.

Thank You

Harleyguy
05-24-2009, 05:51 PM
You may need to step it up a notch and move up too something like SIP or Megs 105 using a foam wool pad,Or even megs wool pad depends how bad the swirls are.Also you need to step down from the orange pad that will induce marring .So you need to look at the products you are using and consider a more aggresive compound just remember what ever compound used you will need to go to a less agressive polish after .

Rsurfer
05-24-2009, 05:56 PM
You may need to step it up a notch and move up too something like SIP or Megs 105 using a foam wool pad,Or even megs wool pad depends how bad the swirls are.Also you need to step down from the orange pad that will induce marring .So you need to look at the products you are using and consider a more aggresive compound just remember what ever compound used you will need to go to a less agressive polish after .:iagree::whs:a white pad could be your best friend. You need to finish down with a blue pad and a finish polish like Menz 85rd or Meg's 205.

Birdhunter
05-24-2009, 06:00 PM
Ok,

I do have two samples of Power Gloss and one of the 85. What pad would you use with the PG?

Thanks

Rsurfer
05-24-2009, 06:08 PM
PG is pretty aggressive. If you are going to use PG start with a white pad first. I that doesn't work, move up to an orange pad.

Birdhunter
05-24-2009, 06:19 PM
Well, It looks like that is what I’ll have to do for now. If that dose not work; I’ll just have to finish the car as best as I can, and tell Him that I will go back over any bad spots again after I give AG more money (LOL).

Thank you for your help

Rsurfer
05-24-2009, 06:30 PM
Be sure to do an IPA wipe down after polishing and inspect in the sun. Good Luck!