PDA

View Full Version : pop up canopy

Pages : [1] 2 3

GiXx
05-24-2009, 03:45 PM
how many people are using these when detailing?

my detail area is in FULL sun, matter of fact, no matter where i look its full sun. So im looking to add a pop up canopy of some sorts for detailing and if its easy enough to break down and set up, even washing

the only shade i get is in the driveway between the house and the fence after 4pm, while this is ok enough for washing it just wont work for detailing as there isnt enough room on the sides to maneuver, not to mention this means i wont be able ot start til after 4.

so recommendations would be great!
maximum shade coverage would be impotant, maybe even something with removable sides? i dont know, just looking for ideas and suggestions

rwisejr
05-24-2009, 07:13 PM
I use a Quick shade 12x12 that I picked up in pepboys . I know Wally world has a similar 10x10 for like 88 bucks or so. Here is the one I saw while I was in the store today. Walmart.com: First-Up 10' x 10' Gazebo: Camping (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8571900&findingMethod=rr)

SRHTX
05-24-2009, 08:52 PM
I bought a 10 x 20 from Pep Boys. It cost me $100.00. That canopy will NOT be going any where. I would like to buy a 12 x 12 Canopy that I would take with me if I have to work on a vehicle somewhere else.

Here in deep South Texas, all we get is wind, HUMIDITY, sun and temps in the high 90's or over 100. Winter? what is that? LMAO!!

BenzDetailer
05-24-2009, 09:00 PM
I want a 12 X 12 or a 14 X 14 in the $120 to $150 range with an aluminum frame which shaves off about 15 to 20 lbs. An auminium frame makes single person set up a breeze versus steel frame units.

Rsurfer
05-24-2009, 09:01 PM
how many people are using these when detailing?

my detail area is in FULL sun, matter of fact, no matter where i look its full sun. So im looking to add a pop up canopy of some sorts for detailing and if its easy enough to break down and set up, even washing

the only shade i get is in the driveway between the house and the fence after 4pm, while this is ok enough for washing it just wont work for detailing as there isnt enough room on the sides to maneuver, not to mention this means i wont be able ot start til after 4.

so recommendations would be great!
maximum shade coverage would be impotant, maybe even something with removable sides? i dont know, just looking for ideas and suggestions
Yeah, you need something with some side curtains, as the sun is not alway's overhead. You can fab some from some poly tarps. If it's windy your screwed.

SRHTX
05-24-2009, 09:14 PM
If you guys could assist us, please provide a link to websites with canopies you would consider. Feed back please

Thanks!!!!

SRHTX
05-24-2009, 09:26 PM
well, I can't use a Flex since my triger finger on my right hand is busted. I'm not sure why the hospital did not chop it off while I was in a coma for three weeks. Oh well. The PC is fine since I can set the speed. Also, the Cyclo only has one speed,

ScottB
05-25-2009, 07:24 AM
Big Lots had a 10 x 10 for 19.99 this weekend, for that price its worth a shot IMO.

GiXx
05-25-2009, 11:14 PM
I use a Quick shade 12x12 that I picked up in pepboys . I know Wally world has a similar 10x10 for like 88 bucks or so. Here is the one I saw while I was in the store today. Walmart.com: First-Up 10' x 10' Gazebo: Camping (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=8571900&findingMethod=rr)

well i picked this same one up today, just wondering how the coverage will be as its only 10x10
i picked it up to serve as a dual pupose
1. detailing, i like the already made side walls available specifically for it
2. camping, great for the food table as it also has available the screen enclosure

will wind up setting up tomorrow or wednesday to see how it works for detailing though as that was the primary reason for buying it. if im not happy with coverage and setup i will be returning it

renegademobiledetailing
05-26-2009, 12:15 AM
Let us know how that goes. I am also wanting to get onr as well. Look forward to your report! With pics?

rwisejr
05-26-2009, 02:45 AM
well i picked this same one up today, just wondering how the coverage will be as its only 10x10
i picked it up to serve as a dual pupose
1. detailing, i like the already made side walls available specifically for it
2. camping, great for the food table as it also has available the screen enclosure

will wind up setting up tomorrow or wednesday to see how it works for detailing though as that was the primary reason for buying it. if im not happy with coverage and setup i will be returning it

It should work put fine. But keep us posted. Where in queens are you ?

SRHTX
05-26-2009, 06:34 AM
I saw a 12x12 @ Blowes (Lowes he he) the other day. I did not buy it but might drive back there and get it. The cost was about $130. I might take a pic of the 10x20 I have up. Now, THIS ONE you really can not take it everywhere since it does take two people to put it together. I bought that one @ Pep Boys for $100.00.

GiXx
05-26-2009, 05:21 PM
It should work put fine. But keep us posted. Where in queens are you ?

was thinking it would be just fine, but of course the weather isnt cooperating.
cant see how much shade it provides when the damn sun hides all day!!!!

flushing here
where in li are you

rwisejr
05-26-2009, 07:22 PM
was thinking it would be just fine, but of course the weather isnt cooperating.
cant see how much shade it provides when the damn sun hides all day!!!!

flushing here
where in li are you
I here that .I work all over queens as I work for the city. but I live in Central Islip

GiXx
05-27-2009, 09:55 PM
I here that .I work all over queens as I work for the city. but I live in Central Islip

hmmmmm, how did you pull that one off? lol
i cant wait to get out of queens!!!!
my girl is dead set on us getting a house in queens but im pretty dead set on getting one in atleast nassau, only a small few houses will keep me in queens

back on topic:
well sun came out this afternoon..buuuuuuut i was just too damn tired to even pull the canopy from the truck of the car from which is still lies since monday, lol.
terrible week for me to do any testing, hopefully i can squeeze it in on fri afternoon or sat morning.....also trying to get my girl to give me 1 of my bday presents early (purely for testing purposes, lol)