PDA

View Full Version : Edge Pads?

KyCatFan
05-24-2009, 10:30 AM
I am interested in the 8in pads for a rotary polisher. Can you use the 6in pads with the same adapter you use with the 8in pads? How are these pads? I am thinking of using mostly the 8in pads except for the tight areas.Feed back please

Jimmie
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
Yes, any size will fit on the Edge adapter. All of my wool Edge are 8"; foam 6" & 8". Many guys use the 4" Cyclo Edge pads on their rotarys.

rwisejr
05-24-2009, 11:07 AM
I am interested in the 8in pads for a rotary polisher. Can you use the 6in pads with the same adapter you use with the 8in pads? How are these pads? I am thinking of using mostly the 8in pads except for the tight areas.Feed back please

With the edge adapter you can use any size edge pad 8,6 and the 4 inch

KyCatFan
05-24-2009, 11:13 AM
Cool! It looks like it will be simple to switch between different size pads. What do you guys recomend the flat or wave?

rwisejr
05-24-2009, 11:22 AM
Cool! It looks like it will be simple to switch between different size pads. What do you guys recomend the flat or wave?

I personally preffer the flat pads. But either should work well

BenzDetailer
05-24-2009, 01:13 PM
I prefer flat edge pads for the abilty to feater into trim areas on lower speed without worry of burn.

Wendell Jarvis
05-24-2009, 01:17 PM

Make sure you get some'4 inch, for small areas

PerroneFord
05-24-2009, 09:59 PM
I just did my first details yesterday and today after converting to the edge system. I won't go back to velcro unless forced to. It was an INCREDIBLE time saver to go from the 4" cutting pads, to the 6" light polishing pad, to the 6" finishing pad. Other times going to the 4" finishing or light polishing when working on trim. All in seconds. The ability to flip the pad when going from one panel to the next was also a big timesaver.

I chose to use the Edge Wave finishing (white) pad today. I guess some people aren't fond of it, but I found it worked quite well for me. Maybe with stiffer pads it would be an issue, but with the very soft white foam, it compressed right down. The unique pattern it makes is also very helpful in seeing exactly what is getting polished. Sometimes the normal flat pads' circles blend in.

Anyway, I am very pleased with the Edge system overall.

KyCatFan
05-24-2009, 10:41 PM
Thanks for the insight, I will be getting some of these pads soon.