PDA

View Full Version : Menzerna Power Gloss

godoman
05-24-2009, 12:02 AM
hey all,

have been using the PC for the last six or so months and am getting it down really well.

still having issues with speeding up the process of polishing my friends cars. I have now done a few lexus's, a ford bronco (old school) some honda's a few toyotas (camry and highlander).

my issue is that it is taking me five hours to clean, clay and polish (one time) the entire car, and that is without getting to the inside of the car to continue with carpet extracting and possibly conditioning the leather seats.

is there a way to speed up the polishing process? I have been very catious with each car and a little bit more brave with the polishes. I went all the way from 85rd to my new bottle of Power Gloss (w. orange LC Pad).

I have gotten really good results. my friends are blown away and it is LSP except a few touch up areas that may have some halograms, depends on the area of the car.

I am thinking of trying meguires 105 because so far all of the cars I have done have been seriously neglected and need a compound of some sort.

any takes on this everyone? m105, which I heard is stronger then Power Gloss, and then follow it up with some106FA or 85rd?

thanks,

marcus

sal329
05-24-2009, 02:40 PM
I have never used PG so I can not comment on it being stronger or weaker. That being said I have used M105 on a lot of my details and I really like 105, it works well and finishes down nicely. I have been following up with 205 but if you have 106fa I would use that after 105.

nrengle
05-24-2009, 03:14 PM
5 hours for a wash, clay, one step polish, and a LSP isn't too bad actually my friend. When it comes to polishing you can't really rush it and get the results you hope for. It's definitely something that demands attention, and time. When I do a full correction (2 to 3 steps), it takes me anywhere from 8 to 16 hours depending on the car, and severity of the swirls, scratches, rids, etc.

I haven't used M105, but since it's reformulation to be DA friendly it's been said that Power Gloss and it M105 are on par with each other. I know before the reformulation though that M105 was king of the compounds.

Wendell Jarvis
05-24-2009, 04:16 PM
As for the time frame, you are on target (5 hours) especially if you are getting all the nooks cranny and hidden areas of a vechile, try this, break it down into sections of the vehicle, use a timer and try to do each section within a certain time frame, without sacrificing quality.

PeTrol42
05-24-2009, 07:16 PM
Try using the Power Gloss with a Yellow pad. I had to polish a BMW X5 once and using that combo was the only way to get the severely neglected surface corrected. I followed the Power Gloss/Yellow pad with XMT #1 and a White pad and the results were awesome.

ScottB
05-25-2009, 07:25 AM
I personally would not use a full compound (PG) with PC ... I dont feel it can provide enough heat to break down the polish. I would consider a rotary if compounding was needed personally.