PDA

View Full Version : 1Z Einszett Klima Kleaner Review (with 3 pics)

Emile
05-23-2009, 02:54 PM
Hey,

My last order consisted of a can of 1Z Einszett Klima Kleaner. I just wanted to post my procedure and my results since people often have so many questions about this product.

First, a re-summary of the directions as stated on the back of the product:
1.) Shut off the HVAC entirely and shut the vehicle off.
2.) Slide the hose into one of the CENTER HVAC vents as far as it can go.
3.) Spray the entire can worth of product until it is empty. So yes, one can is good for only one application.
4.) Allow the foam product to clean the interior for at least 20 minutes.
5.) Open the doors and/or windows to vent out the scent during the cleaning process.
6.) Run the A/C for one minute after the cleaning process is complete.
7.) One application treats the HVAC for months.

Okay, now my procedure. First, a picture of the product as it is shipped by Autogeek:

http://www.amirsaleh.com/KlimaKleaner/Klima01.JPG

Second, not yet mounting the hose onto the can, I carefully slid the hose as far down into my center HVAC vent as the hose would go:

http://www.amirsaleh.com/KlimaKleaner/Klima02.JPG

I then removed the cap from the can and attached the head of the hose to the unit and pressed down. Soon after, I saw foam starting to come up from behind the vent. The Klima Kleaner releases the foam product slowly and smoothly so when the foam started coming up, I didn't panic or anything. I just removed the hose and slid it into the other center HVAC vent and pressed down again.

Finally, when it sounded like the can was running low on product, I decided to remove the hose again and slide it into the driver-side vent and spray the rest into the there. Here is the final picture of me spraying into the driver-side vent:

http://www.amirsaleh.com/KlimaKleaner/Klima03.JPG

Once I was done spraying, I let the product sit for 30 to 40 minutes with my windows down, and then I went back to the car and ran the A/C for two minutes. During and after the application, there was little to no scent or odor. Just a mild scent that reminded me of the Einszett Cockpitt Premium.

I have not driven the vehicle yet and the car has only about 15,000 miles on it so it's not like anything smelled bad, except for all the cigarettes I've been smoking in there. I will update this review if I notice anything good or bad about the product once I have driven around a bit.

ScottB
05-23-2009, 06:40 PM
I liked the product and did a mini review several months back and concour. The only thing to add is to shake well, very well, because if it doesnt foam immediately you will see a wet liquid coming out near the center a/c stack.

For cigarettes, the smell is likely also trapped in carpet. Either a fogger or Duragloss Odor Eliminator is a nice choice too.

slawek65
05-23-2009, 06:58 PM
I have 1 question. Do You have to remove A/C - cabin filter or foam only clean vents but not all the way down to the filter.

Emile
05-23-2009, 09:25 PM
slawek, I did not remove the cabin filter. My cabin filter is located behind the glove box and the hose does not reach there. The hose is designed to go to the A/C unit and you should not be able to reach your cabin filter through your vents with the hose.

ScottB
05-25-2009, 07:40 AM
Most in cabin filters are within the path of airflow into the a/c unit. This product cleans the a/c and heater core mainly inside car. I would however always suggest replacing the filter at same interval. Move to a charcoal based one as possible. I get mine thru Rockauto dot com.

Emile
05-29-2009, 12:26 PM
Most in cabin filters are within the path of airflow into the a/c unit. This product cleans the a/c and heater core mainly inside car. I would however always suggest replacing the filter at same interval. Move to a charcoal based one as possible. I get mine thru Rockauto dot com.
:iagree: RockAuto is good for maintenance/replacement parts.

OGauge4Me
05-29-2009, 01:02 PM
My last AG order had two cans of the 1Z Klima as well. I used it in our family van with positive results. Easy to use and it works well at removing odors.

Anyone have any tips for using it in a car with a dual climate control system

eyecandy
05-29-2009, 06:24 PM
I have thought about getting this but got few questions.

So do you want to spray this in a vent closest to the AC core? Or spread it in all of them? What does it clean/improve? The smell, dust/debris?

Harleyguy
05-29-2009, 08:23 PM
My last AG order had two cans of the 1Z Klima as well. I used it in our family van with positive results. Easy to use and it works well at removing odors.

Anyone have any tips for using it in a car with a dual climate control systemDual climate control as far as a van or car.In a car there is only one evaporator .Which two sets of duct work share the one evap just make sure that both drivers side and pass side control are set to cold so the ducts are open to the evap.Also consider one thing alot of times the evap isn't behind the center duct alot of times it's off to one side more to the passenger side just like Scott mentioned it's all the way the air flows .Intake under the cowl/passing the cabin filter and then the Evap.If you have a rear ac unit then you would have to spray that unit also.

OGauge4Me
05-29-2009, 09:40 PM
Harleyguy:
TY

Harleyguy
05-29-2009, 10:06 PM
Harleyguy:
TYI may not know alot as i should about paint correction which i'am still learning which i enjoy.But when it comes to repairing cars been doing that longer then i want to admit just hard for me to put what i want someone to understand in type.But i try like hell my pleasure i can help:cheers:

ScottB
05-30-2009, 06:30 AM
I have thought about getting this but got few questions.

So do you want to spray this in a vent closest to the AC core? Or spread it in all of them? What does it clean/improve? The smell, dust/debris?

If you just want your vents to smell nice, might consider the other spray from Clean Air or Lysol.

For Einszett is really "seems" to clean and control odors and possibly any mold.

Clean Air, Air Freshener, Odor remover (http://www.autogeek.net/cleanairhigp.html)