PDA

View Full Version : Collinite 845 - How Thick?

harshest
05-22-2009, 06:35 PM
edit: never mind got it figured out

TLMitchell
05-23-2009, 01:54 AM
edit: never mind got it figured out

Hope so. The words "thick" and "845" just don't do well together.

Thin, thin, thin!

CharlesW
05-23-2009, 08:46 AM
Thick pretty well describes Collinite 845 until you have shaken the heck out of the bottle. :)

ScottB
05-23-2009, 08:47 AM
generally with all wax and sealant application, it is shake very well (usually a minute or two) and apply as thin as possible. More does not mean better protection, usually just harder to remove.

slawek65
05-23-2009, 08:56 AM
If 845 is a wax, can be apply over carnuba? and please don't ask me WHY? Just want to know. Thank You.

harshest
05-23-2009, 10:14 AM
Thick pretty well describes Collinite 845 until you have shaken the heck out of the bottle. :)

That was exactly my question. When I first got it it was almost solid in the bottle so I asked, "Is this right?" After I posted I kept shaking and shaking and shaking and shaking then it turned to a liquid, so I deleted my message. When I applied it, it only took about 1 to 1.5 oz for the whole truck so I put it on "thin to win".

CharlesW
05-23-2009, 10:56 AM
That was exactly my question. When I first got it it was almost solid in the bottle so I asked, "Is this right?" After I posted I kept shaking and shaking and shaking and shaking then it turned to a liquid, so I deleted my message. When I applied it, it only took about 1 to 1.5 oz for the whole truck so I put it on "thin to win".It seemed that the longer you shook it, the thinner it became.
FWIW, while it still should be shaken well before use, (Like most products), it never seemed to get as thick again as it first was.

If 845 is a wax, can be apply over carnuba? and please don't ask me WHY? Just want to know. Thank You.No expert, but I didn't seem to have any problem with it when applied over just about anything. Glaze, previous wax/sealant, whatever. Using a good cleaner/prep would probably be best. I can't really say if it hurt the durability since 6 weeks is a long time for me to go without adding more wax/sealant.

Emile
05-23-2009, 01:30 PM
845 has no cleaners, so you can layer it on top of itself or on top of any other product(s).

slawek65
05-23-2009, 02:49 PM
845 has no cleaners, so you can layer it on top of itself or on top of any other product(s).
Thank You.