View Full Version : Clearkote VMG and PB ExP

ZmZoom6
09-03-2006, 01:09 PM
Just wondering if anyone has tried VMG and ExP with any success. I posted a thread earlier about what steps I should take to protect my car. However, I recieved conflicting views about whether or not the two are compatible w/ each other.

ScottB
09-03-2006, 02:03 PM
VMG and more than a dozen carnaubas = a very potent combo , but I have never used with a sealant specifically. Same with RMG ... I stick with carnaubas based upon oil, fillers, and what I believe these products offer.

Waxmax
09-03-2006, 02:15 PM
VMG does contain some oils and is not a good choice for sealants....I'd use WG Finishing Glaze with EX-P. Another good glaze that is sealant compatible is CG's Creme Glaze.

joe.p
09-03-2006, 02:15 PM
What Scott said. I used to top my sealants with carnaubas, now i'm trying to keep oils with oils and sealants with sealants.

ZmZoom6
09-03-2006, 05:52 PM
What about durability? I'm looking for something that will last a couple of months. I'm figuring a sealant will last the longest?

supercharged
09-03-2006, 07:06 PM
Sealants are more durable than carnaubas. In real world sealants last around 7-8 weeks. Carnauba would be 3-5, depending on what carnauba you use, and your climate.

Please keep in mind that although sealants are more durable agains salt, detergents, and weather, - they are not very durable against bird droppings.

So, why not get best of both worlds - sealant and carnauba. I only used QuikShine from ClearKote, so I can't say anything about their waxes. I know for sure that carnauba waxes like DP Max Wax are not expensive, are very easy to apply and remove. And there is no need to wait for it to dry. Wax on - buff off. Goes on and off like butter. It will take on average 15-20 minutes to do it.

Good luck.

ZmZoom6
09-03-2006, 07:19 PM
that's my plan, to use a carnuba and a sealant. I bought some Clearkote VMG and some ExP from AG, but now I think I may just stick to AIO and ExP instead. I just wanted to try VMG w/ a sealant, and then top off w/ a carnuba.

ZmZoom6
09-03-2006, 07:19 PM
oops, i mean the other way around, sealant and then carnuba

aceshigh73
09-03-2006, 08:24 PM
you will find AIO and EXP are a popular combo on these forums... especially those with daily drivers.. like myself.... top with MaxWax or Natty's for a great (and inexpensive) look....

Padron
09-03-2006, 10:03 PM
I've seen pictures of vehicles done with VM and then EXP, they looked Awesome!!

That's why I placed my order for VM the other day @ AG.

if you do it, post some pics, I think you'll be happy.

Read about it @ autopia

ZmZoom6
09-04-2006, 12:02 AM
Thanks for all the input. I'll let everyone know how it goes when I recieve my order and actually complete the process.

rabbi
10-14-2006, 10:01 AM
VM + EX-P + wax = stunning. I've used this combo several times.

Surfer
10-14-2006, 10:59 AM
EX-P is one of the only sealents that will work with a glaze. Try it with damn near any other sealent and you'll end up witha smear fest lol.