PDA

View Full Version : Need quick help

TeddyKGB
05-22-2009, 02:32 PM
So I am detailing my car today and when I was applying mezerna PO85U with a white pad I got thru 75% of the car when the pad literally eploded apart. Luckily mar car was not damaged at all but now I only have my blue pad left that will even come close to working.

Can I finish the car with PO85U & blue pad?

Once I am done there would it be better to use Liquid Souveran Spray as a LSP or just stop with the PO85U?

redboost10
05-22-2009, 02:35 PM
as a last step for polishing, it is recommended to be using a blue pad.
and i would certainly not stop after polishing, it needs a wax/sealant as a lsp.

loudog2
05-22-2009, 02:36 PM
If you need correction, then no. That is why it is good to have 3-4 of each pad.

PO85U is not a LSP. Use the liquid souveran spray wax if you want a LSP.

TeddyKGB
05-22-2009, 02:41 PM
Thanks both!

I have Liquid Souveran, liquid souveran spray wax, natty blue and Sig Series II. I dont know why I didnt mention those before but I am thinking the SSII would be the best choice for a LSP. It is a grey car with decent metal flake.

Thoughts?

loudog2
05-22-2009, 02:46 PM
I'd go with the SSII on the grey metallic.

TeddyKGB
05-22-2009, 03:46 PM
Thanks loudog2.

Now I just need to find someone in my area that I can borrow a white finishing pad from for a few days.

Emile
05-22-2009, 03:56 PM
Nobody is going to let you borrow their pad. Just order a new one (preferably a couple of new ones) and wax the vehicle in the meantime.

When the pads come in, just finish polishing the vehicle, and then re-wax the entire vehicle.

agpatel
05-22-2009, 03:59 PM
You may be able to find a comparable pad in your area from body supply shops or such. Most will have 3m pads or something of that nature. I just recently ordered 6 white pad. I normally use 3 pads per car per step. One each for left and right side, one for the root and hood, front and rear bumpers.

If you cant find one around you just put some wax on and do the polishing once it comes in and rewax.

TeddyKGB
05-22-2009, 04:11 PM
Nobody is going to let you borrow their pad. Just order a new one (preferably a couple of new ones) and wax the vehicle in the meantime.

When the pads come in, just finish polishing the vehicle, and then re-wax the entire vehicle.

Yeah that is my fall back to hand wax it. Of course I plan to order new ones from AG but shipping takes a while and I'd like not to finish it up this weekend.

Why wouldn't anyone let me borrow a pad, especially if I gave something in return as collateral? I am a lurker and dont have much cred around here but I get that. There are some good folks on the board.I'd even be willing to buy it from them. :cheers:

TeddyKGB
05-22-2009, 04:12 PM
You may be able to find a comparable pad in your area from body supply shops or such. Most will have 3m pads or something of that nature.

Yeah I'll have to call around and see if any local shops carry something similar. Thanks